Mundie Moms

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Book Review: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi


By: Veronica Rossi
Published by: Harper Teen
Released on: January 8th, 2013
Series: Under The Never Sky #1
Source: ARC from publisher to review / bought book
5 Stars: I LOVED IT!
Purchase from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | IndieBound


It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable -quoted from GoodReads

Veronica Rossi has done it again! With an equally captivating love story, an exciting storyline, and a beautiful yet dangerous world, Through the Ever Night is just as mesmerizing as Under The Never Sky. 

Like with Under the Never Sky, when I finished this book I wanted more! You know you've read an awesome book when you find yourself at the end of it, and you flip through the extra pages at the end hoping that maybe the publisher snuck in some more wordage and forgot to include it on the last page. Yeah, that's how it is for me with Veronica's books. I want just a little bit more than she gives me, and I say that as a compliment. Let's face it, I'm greedy when it comes to good books, and no matter how much an author gives me, and in Veronica's case she gave me a lot, a lot of twists, romance, anguish, friendship, hope, action, and a whole lot more, it's still not enough. I swear even if I crawled into her incredible world, and was sitting along side Roar, Perry and Aria, I still wouldn't be satisfied.... I'd want more, because I knew I'd have to eventually leave them and come back to reality. 

What's a Veronica Rossi book with out it's enticing, and exciting romance. It's not just those swoon worthy moments that got my heart racing this time. It's those moments of uncertainty as relationships get tested, as does the level of commitment, and the depth some of the characters feel for one another is truly put to the test. Aria and Perry. Roar, and well, I'd say Liv as I do love her, but Roar is well Roar. Oh yes, I do have a favorite. While I love Aria and Perry, Roar quickly became my favorite in book 1 and he stayed my favorite in this book. There's just something about him that makes him a memorable character. He brings in the humor to the story at the right moments, and gives some of the other characters the comfort, loyalty, friendship and truth when they need it. I adore Aria and Perry. Their relationship has definitely gotten a lot more trickier and it's not even safe, but these two have that something that I hope will get through anything that's thrown at them in the next book, and I have a feeling it's going to be a lot, considering the way this book ended.

I've totally fallen in love with Veronica's writing. She tells a story that makes me feel like I'm there, wondering around her richly detailed world. She makes it incredibly easy for me to visualize. Her characters become larger than life and I want to know more about them. In this book, there is a lot more I want to know about them, and what's going to happen to them. I quickly got caught up with all that happens in this book. There are a lot of shocking twists, betrayals, and a few surprises that happened in this storyline. I thought I was prepared for what could happen this time around, but I was proven wrong when my emotions got the better of me. Talk about getting my heart ripped out! Veronica proved to me once again that she's capable of throwing unpredictable plot twists my way. Let's just say she's not afraid to kill a character or two off, nor is she opposed to making her characters suffer. Normally I'd say it's through their pain, and suffering that they'll emerge stronger, tougher characters, but with one of them I'm not so sure how something that happened will effect this person.

Through The Ever Night is an epic read, and one I really enjoyed! It's the perfect sequel to Veronica's debut, and one that I'm still thinking about. Like I said above, I need more from this story! Yes, that ending is both perfect, and a killer all at the same time. It's not so much a cliff hanger, as it is one that leaves me worrying about what is about to happen to the characters. I HIGHLY recommend picking this book up today!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome book! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Lisa! It is. I highly recommend picking up both of Veronica's books.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the great review. I can't wait to read this. Luckily, my library is getting this and I already reserved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Natalie! Thank you for reading it. I can't wait for you to read it. It's so good!

      Delete

Labels