Mundie Moms

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Jamie Campbell Bower Talks TMI with TEEN


Yesterday I posted links to the recent TMI Movie set reports from various fansites and press that were on the set, but there's one interview I seriously loved that I wanted to spotlight by itself. Recently Jamie aka Jace, sat down with TEEN to talk about his role as Jace. 

Teen: There’s a lot of action in this film. How did you bulk up before shooting?

Jamie: Physically, I’ve trained really hard for it. I started training four months — three months before we started shooting, and I sort of toyed around with different physical forms and at the end of it, what I wanted was to get to a point whereby we’ve seen this sort of big jock kind of character before and I didn’t want that and I didn’t really think that that was something that I believe, particularly, you know, with my younger cousins or whatever being girls that they’re really into — you know, the 15-year-old markets — I don’t know if that’s as sexy as it once was anymore. I think it’s more about the rock star or the girls that I, you know, the 15-year-old girls they’re into, like, skinny motherf****** from bands and the sort of lost souls and all that kind of s*** and I love that and I think that’s really cool. Ultimately, at the end of that, what I wanted to do is I built up the muscle, and then I just trimmed everything down and just got super lean and it was really tough; really, really hardcore. I did a lot of stunt training; a lot of fight training and physically kind of ruined myself, but in the best way possible. It wasn’t like I was doing stupid s*** because I was doing stuff that was good for me, but, you know, you wake up at 5 o’clock every morning, and do three hours of training, then you have a half an hour to eat, and then you go back and do another two hours, then half an hour to go and sleep, and maybe have a shower if you’re lucky, and then go through lines or learn the piano and all this kind of stuff. Yes, it’s exhausting, but it’s part of what I enjoy about it.
Tumblr (beginstherevolution)
Tumblr (beginstherevolution)
Read more: http://www.teen.com/2013/02/18/movies/mortal-instruments-set-visit-jamie-campbell-bower-interview/#ixzz2LN1pQDJw

Teen: We see you doing a flip in the trailer. What was that like?

Jamie: Harald [Zwart, the director], when Lily and I first got here, before we started shooting, we did a lot of pre-production stuff and fight training and sort of just warming up to being here while everything is going on, it’s nice to have those moments. So we were doing a lot of stunt stuff and Harald was like, “I don’t want any wires; I don’t want any wire work. I don’t want that. I want it to be very much — If you’re going to do something, if you’re going to do a flip, then you need to be able to do a flip. If you’re going to do a jump, you need to be able to do a jump” and all this kind of stuff. So for me, learning how to do flips onto tables off the mini-tram was really exciting because that’s me doing that in the movie. That’s nobody else. That’s not a facial placement. There’s no wires there. That’s me jumping from the floor onto a table doing a flip in midair, which I know sounds really stupid, but the 14-year-old boy inside me goes, “That’s f****ing awesome. That’s so cool.” I really appreciate those moments and I appreciate the fact that Harald’s been able to do that. And yeah some stuff isn’t going to look as, you know, necessarily as slick as something like, I don’t know, Crouching Tiger where there was a lot of wire work and all that kind of stuff. We know that it’s real and I know that it’s real and I love the fact that we’re able to do that and it is very physically demanding, yeah. But there’s a big payoff at the end, a big, big payoff. Hopefully. [Laughs] It’s nice to be able to go to bed at night and go, “Yeah, I tried my hardest… Oh well, we’ll see.”
Tumblr (shadowhuntersvzla)
Tumblr (shadowhuntersvzla)
Read more: http://www.teen.com/2013/02/18/movies/mortal-instruments-set-visit-jamie-campbell-bower-interview/#ixzz2LN1i1hgL


Let me just say, as formally being someone who was anti-Jamie being cast as Jace based on what I thought Jace should look like, Jamie's performance is what is going to win Jace fans over. We all know that Jace's actions and what he says speak much louder that his looks do, and I for one feel that Jamie was the perfect casting choice for Jace. I think fans are going to be pleasantly surprised when they see what Jamie brings to Jace's characters. I am a firm believer that what we're going to see from Jamie's performance of Jace is the Jace many of us have envisioned. Sure he's not going to look like the Jace each of us has imagined, but his mannerisms, and he snarkiness are his most endearing traits and that is what I think we're all going to walk away from this movie going "Jamie was the perfect Jace!"

Don't miss more of their interview with the cast here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels