Mundie Moms

Friday, April 19, 2013

LOTS of Book Events in TX this week & next: Teen Book Con, Bridget Zinn, Sarah Dessen, TLA, Spring Into The Future

There are A LOT of exciting things happening in TX over the next two weeks, but before I get ahead of myself and talk about TLA, I wanted to let you guys know about a few events happening in both Austin and Houston over the next couple of days. My FAVORITE Indie Book Store is hosting THREE huge events over the next 5 days. If you've not been to a Book People event yet, you're seriously missing out.


TONIGHT at 7:30 Book People is hosting a CELEBRATION to honor Bridget Zinn and her debut, Poison! Bridget was a reader, writer and librarian who has left her beautiful mark on the YA world. Bridget sadly lost her battle to colon cancer before her book was released. Tonight many local Austin authors will be on hand to read passages from her book. Come join the celebration! Find out more HERE. SEE YOU GUYS THERE!



Speaking of debut authors, on Monday 4/22, authors A.G. Howard and M.M Vaughan will be at Book People to celebrate their releases of Splinters and The Ability! I'm thrilled to announce I'll be there to moderate this exciting event! The fun starts at 7 pm! I look forward to seeing you guys there! You can find out more information about it HERE.


The awesomeness of Book People doesn't stop at two back to back events..... SARAH DESSEN will be at BOOK PEOPLE on TUESDAY 4/23 at 7 pm!!!! I can not wait for this event!! Check out all the info HERE and I'll hopefully see you there!

*********

I totally wasn't joking when I said this was going to be an insane week full of book awesomeness! This weekend is Houston's TEEN BOOK CON and next weekend is TLA and in between them are some seriously awesome signings. I know, it's seriously crazy at all the book love that happenings here in TX. I LOVE IT!

TOMORROW on Saturday 4/20 is an AMAZING author event you guys don't want to miss! Houston Teen Book Con is a FREE event that will feature a TON of amazing authors like:









Let's just say there are so many, I didn't get them all listed on here. I'm heading down for the event tomorrow! Trust me, it's one not to be missed. This will be my 3rd year attending and it's one I really looking forward to go to. Check out all the info HERE.


Another really exciting and HUGE book event that happens each year in TX, is TLA (Texas Library Association). This event is happening this next week in Fort Worth and authors like Melissa Marr, NEIL GAIMAN, Kelley Armstrong, Rachel Caine, Marie Lu, Lisa McMann, Patrick Carmen, Bree Despain, Jennifer Echols, Simone Elkeles, Tony DiTerlizzi, Robin LaFevers, Kiersten White, Ruta Sepetys and seriously so many others will be there! Check out the full list of authors here


I am so thrilled and totally honored to be hosting the SPRING INTO THE FUTURE stop on Saturday 4/27, the same Saturday TLA ends (so LOTS of people can attend this seriously exciting event), featuring Anna Carey, Veronica Rossi, Tahereh Mafi and Cynthia Hand! If you have not met these ladies yet, you NEED TO! I look forward to seeing many of you guys there! Find out more info HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I am very jealous that you are going to get to meet A.G. Howard. I am IN LOVE with her book! Everything you listed is total awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete

Labels