Mundie Moms

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

All I Need by Susane Colasanti, Book Review


By: Susane Colasanti
Published by: Viking
Released on: May 21st, 2013
Source: arc from publisher to review
3 Stars: It's a Good Beach Read
Purchase it from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Add it to Goodreads

The last night of summer is only the beginning.

Skye wants to meet the boy who will change her life forever. Seth feels their instant connection the second he sees her. When Seth starts talking to Skye at the last beach party of the summer, it’s obvious to both of them that this is something real. But when Seth leaves for college before they exchange contact info, Skye wonders if he felt the same way she did—and if she will ever see him again. Even if they find their way back to each other, can they make a long-distance relationship work despite trust issues, ex drama, and some serious background differences?

Teen favorite Susane Colasanti returns to the alternating-voice style of her beloved debut When It Happens in this Serendipity-inspired story about summer, soul mates, and the moments that change our lives forever

It's Summertime and that means it's time to hit the lake, beach, pool and anywhere else you can find to keep cool, with a book in hand. Susane's newest release ALL I NEED is one of those reads that is perfect for laying out by the pool, or relaxing at the beach. It's a light and fluffy romantic read, that doesn't dive too deep into realistic relationships, problems, and everything in between. If it isn't Summer time where you live, then don't worry, All I Need is still a book I'd recommend picking. It's one of those enjoyable reads you grab when you don't want to read something heavy, or find yourself too emotionally invested with what's going on with the characters. It's an all around good read.

All I Need is that nice, fun, light weight read you can sit and devour in a couple hours, and enjoy every moment you spend doing so. 


One of the things I liked about All I Need is the lighter tone it had. I like how Susane was able to tackle issues all teens deal with like sex, friendships, family relationships, heartbreaks, jealously, loyalty, figuring out how to pursue your dreams, going to college and everything else that we've all either dwelt with at this age, or are dealing with now, without anything being heavy. There are times when I except to be completely invested with a book mentally, emotionally etc, and then there are times when I just want to sit down and read a story without having to connect with it on that kind level, but can still enjoy it while I'm reading. This is one of those reads for me. 

Another thing I like about All I Need is the way the story is told. It alternates between Skye and Seth's point of views. In doing so I liked seeing the two of them individually, as well as when they were together. I felt like Susane did a great job at allowing me understand Seth and Skye. Their relationship in my opinion was realistic. They're not perfect people, their relationship isn't perfect, but together they have something special. That part of their relationship made sense. They had enjoyable, fluffy, summer romance that grew into something much more.  I liked that they had to figure out how to make it work. 

Seth's from the "other" side of town, has to work to support himself, has had his heart recently broken, isn't looking for love, and as the story continues starts his first year at college. Skye on the other hand comes from a well to do family, is a senior in high school, has the dramas that come with high school, best friends who are fighting, and parents who are some what involved with what she's doing. Somewhere in between all this is a relationship that centers on soulmates, and finding your true love. Set at the beach, and fueled by romance, ALL I NEED is definitely a summer romantic read I'd recommend picking up.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I will have to look in to it!
    Great review!


    Http://www.daydreamerN.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Labels