Mundie Moms

Monday, July 8, 2013

Jamie Speaks Out About Criticism He Received When Cast As Jace

A lot of fan sites have posted this footage from London Film and Comic Con this past weekend. Jamie talks frankly about the criticism leveled at him from passionate fans when they first heard about his being cast as Jace.

You know that we here at Mundie Moms always felt he was going to be a great choice. I kept mentioning specific scenes in "Camelot" where he acted very Jace-like, but not everyone felt that way. It's nice to see the fandom rally around him with support through the #JamieisJace campaign on twitter. And it will be launched again today at 2 pm PST, 5 pm EST and 10 pm in the U.K..

Here are prettylittletmi's gifs which contain his comments on the subject.



Well said, Jamie, well said. It's hard for any actor to step into a well loved fictional role, but we should be supportive and let their work on screen speak for itself.

4 comments:

  1. While I was hesitant about his initial casting, I have heard he is a talented actor from many people, which is more important than physical looks. He seems to have handled the criticism gracefully and I appreciate him using the hate he received as a way to speak out against bullying. Well done, Jamie. Well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DJ. D. - He has handled it well. And I'm hoping that the last critics are silenced by his performance. I loved his line about being an actor; good actors can transform themselves into their character.

      Delete
  2. He was cast while Camelot was on air, and since I was a fan of the show I was really pleased with it! I love that he was cast as Jace, I don't think any other actor would have been able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that we agree, Nancy! I really think he was the best part of "Camelot" with his portrayal of Arthur.

      Delete

Labels