Mundie Moms

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cassie Talks The Dark Artifices


Cassie continues to answer fan questions about her books. Here's what she had to say about The Dark Artifices titles:

Hello Miss Casandra:
I have a really unusual question that keep my sleep far away, Why in the two first series of Shadowhunters (TID and TMI) in the names of the books one word is repeated, like in TMI is “City” and in TID is “Clockwork” but in the series of Dark Artifices that doesn’t happen?
I’ll be very thankful if you answer my question.
Nayeli M. 
— nayeinwonderland
Changing it up a little? Honestly I didn’t think about it at all and I don’t think my publisher ever asked about it when I handed the titles in. Series titles have themes, sometimes, and the theme of the Dark Artifices titles were honorifics/titles:
Lady Midnight
Lord of Shadows
Queen of Air and Darkness
Lord/Lady/Queen - all honorifics. They may be different honorifics, but they basically serve the same function as “City of” or “Clockwork” which is mostly indicating the books are all part of a series.
Wow, that was a boring answer. I’ll try for something more interesting next time, like which of the characters is secretly into newts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels