Mundie Moms

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #9: 10 Books To Read / 10 Movies To Watch To Get In The Halloween Spirit

This weekly meme is hosted by The Broke & the Bookish

Welcome to this week's Top Teen Tuesday post. This week's topic is 10 Books To Read / 10 Movies To Watch To Get In The Halloween Spirit. For some reason this week it was far easier for me to come up with 10 movies than it was 10 books. 

10 YA Books I'd recommend reading this Halloween that all contain things that can go bump in the night.... 
  1. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
  2. This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel
  3. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
  4. The Forest of Hands & Teeth by Carrie Ryan
  5. The Grave Yard Book / Caroline by Neil Gaiman
  6. The Coldest Girl in Cold Town / Doll Bones by Holly Black
  7. Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  8. The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd
  9. Unbreakable / Unmarked by Kami Garcia
  10. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Of course if you want a series with Shadowhunters, demons, werewolves, vampires and the like, I totally recommend The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare ;) 


****************

10 Family Friendly movies that I would totally have an all night movie marathon and watch with my kiddos on Halloween:
  1. It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
  2. Ghost Busters
  3. The Nightmare Before Christmas
  4. Beetlejuice
  5. Harry Potter
  6. Hocus Pocus
  7. The Adam's Family
  8. Casper
  9. Goonies
  10. Pirates of the Caribbean 
If I wanted to freak myself after my kids are in bed, I'd stay up and watch all the episodes of SuperNatural that I've missed. I swear the last time I watched an episode, which has been awhile, I was a little jumpy walking through my house with all the lights off. haha 

What's one your Halloween reading / movie watching list? 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for bunch of awesome books :D I love Anna. <3 So good. And ohh. Have you read The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls? PERFECT middle grade book. <3 And so so creepy. Thank you for sharing sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels