Mundie Moms

Monday, September 28, 2015

Banned Books Week: Celebrate The FREEDOM To READ / 15 BOOKS BANNED FOR THE MOST ABURD REASONS EVER #BannedBooksWeek



It's BANNED BOOK WEEK! That means it's time to celebrate the freedom to read! Yes my lovely readers, it's the time of year that Sophie and I dust off our soap boxes, perfect our mama bear voices, and passionately spread our love of reading. It's the time of year where were stand firm in our stances against BANNING BOOKS, unless of course it's the book that we shall not name, that both Sophie and I despise. While we both want to burn said book, we still won't take some one else's freedom away from reading such crap... *coughs* Sorry, I got off topic. 


BuzzFeed kicked off this week's Banned Books Week with our kind of article, 15 BOOKS BANNED FOR THE MOST ABURD REASONS EVER. Yes, these are definitely the most absurd reasons. I mean that's be honest, banning a book like Charlotte's Web because talking animals are blasphemous and unnatural is definitely reason to ban a book. *Said in my best sarcastic mom voice along with an eye roll, and a possible hand on the hip.* This book is one of my beloved children's books, and I might be tempted to take offense of it's banned reason on behalf of the talking animals. Sorry, my sarcasm tends to come out during banned book week. This is a book I proudly have in my home library, along with many others like Harry Potter, Winnie The Pooh (yes all of these have been on the banned list) and others. Check out other books on this list like,





Head over to here if you want some good laughs on the reasons some of these most beloved children's books have been banned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels