Mundie Moms

Monday, November 23, 2015

TDA / TLH Release Dates & Other News From Cassandra Clare / Mundane Monday #264




Happy Mundane Monday! Today's post is a catching up some exciting news that Cassie has recently shared on Tumblr. Below is a variety of news taking from various posts. I've included the links to each post below.

Cassie Talks TDA / TLH Release Dates

Lately Cassie has been on social media answering fan questions. Below is a question I know a lot of fans have had, which is what is the TLH series release date schedule. Cassie answered the question below here, and I've also included it below. 

Hi Cassie!! Quick question, when will the first book of TLH come out is it 2017? Will it be like
2016 TDA 1
2017 TLH 1
2018 TDA 2
2019 TLH 2
I’m asking this because goodreads says that TLH 1 is coming out 2016, 2 in 2017, 3 in 2018 and I just want to confirm with you. Thanks!!!
— project-entity-x
The first book of TLH isn’t scheduled. It is most likely, unless something weird happens, to come out after the second book of TDA. It is likely to go like this:
2016 TDA 1
2017 TDA 2
? TLH 1
? TDA 3 
Etc. But none of this is set in stone, and I feel very squirrelly about even suggesting dates and order, because they are not final. In the past, when I’ve said a date was tentative and it was then moved, as tentative dates are, people have asked in droves why the book was pushed back.
I totally get that: when you’re looking forward to something, it’s nice to have a specific date you can know when you’ll get it. And I’m grateful people are looking forward to these! Part of the reason, though, that I asked — so this is on me — my publisher not to set release dates yet was to give myself a little creative freedom. To figure out the right order of publication for the story I want to tell, and not to be constantly panicked about deadlines. (Don’t worry, this doesn’t mean I am not writing. I am a workaholic. I write 20/24.) To be able to preserve my health a bit and provide a cushion in case unexpected stuff happens (like traveling to New York to meet a contest winner!) 
I don’t know what’s up with Goodreads, but like IMDB, before a book comes out, I am not sure I would entirely trust the information provided. For instance the official site of my publisher, http://shadowhunters.com/ , says TLH 1 is coming in 2017. And it might. But I can tell you it sure isn’t coming in 2016!
I know it sucks to wait. It sucks for me, too. Every time I write a scene I like with Mark, or a funny line for Anna, I want you guys to see it. But ultimately I want you to see the polished form, the best I can make it. And that does take some time.
Okay, enough scheduling stuff. Further posts will be about writingy things!

On When Tales From The Shadowhunters Academy Book Will Be Released
Cassie also answered questions about when Tales From The Shadowhunter Academy book will be released. See her answer here, which I also shared below:
The series, just like the Bane Chronicles, will be bound up and publishing as a hard copy. (That is why they created a full cover with wraparound art.) 
I do not yet know when. The book needs to be gone through again, small mistakes corrected (they tend to be more frequent in the ebooks, as they simply don’t go through the lengthy proofing stages that the novels do). It needs to be laid out, and art for the final version created, and then it needs to actually be printed and shipped to stores.
Publishers decide on print dates, not authors, and so far I haven’t heard what the print date would be. I think it took the Bane Chronicles about ten months from being finished to being printed. Maybe that could be a guideline?
In short, it will be printed as a novel, but I don’t know when. As soon as I do, I promise I’ll let you know, and also update my existing FAQ on my website. Just as a reminder, you can also always check www.shadowhunters.com . Hope that helps!

A Shadowhunter Flower Card Book Is In The Works!

Cassie confirms that a shadowhunters flower card book is in the works. Check out her post about it here, and see what she said about it below:

Hallo,blueberry! So just a line to say that Cassandra Jean and I are definitely putting together all the flower cards of characters into a book. We’re excited about designing it and making it really pretty. It won’t be ready in time for Christmas, but we’re hoping for Valentine’s Day! It will contain 10-15 new flower cards of characters that we couldn’t reveal before (Like Max, above) or who didn’t get their own card yet (Celine Herondale.) As we know more, we’ll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels