Mundie Moms

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Ten Book Settings I'd Love to Visit / #TopTenTuesday


Welcome to today's Top Ten Tuesday feature. This week's topic is; Ten Book Settings I'd Love To Visit. My previous Top Ten Tuesday post was, Ten Books On My Winter TBR ListYou can check out my previous TTT posts here.


Source: Pottermore 

I love this week's topic, because I love book settings as much I love getting to know a character. I love it when settings make you feel as though you're there. Not matter if they're a real place or an imaginative place created just for the story you're reading. There are a number of settings I've fallen in love with over the years, and would love to visit. Of course once I'm asked what they are, my mind draws a blank. However, here are the ones that came to mind, though my list can easily be more than ten. 

Source: Wookiepedia
  1. Hogwarts - I'm pretty sure we don't need to explain why we'd love to come visit Hogwarts
  2. Narnia - Who doesn't want to have a closet that leads to the woods in Narnia? I always wished I had a wardrobe closet that did that as a kid.
  3. Pemberly - Hello, Mr. Darcy (that was just for you Sophie) haha
  4. Hyde Park - We love all things Victorian London, and we'd love to visit a setting from a favorite beloved classic.
  5. Scotland - There's something about the historical Scottish settings in Outlander, and few other adult books I've read, that I am absolutely fascinated about. I would love to just spend a day or two there.
    1. Ireland - I've fallen in love with the Irish lore and it's setting from a few YA and adult books I've read over the last couple of years. I'd love to visit both the historical settings I've falling in love with, and the modern day.
    2.  
    3. Ewok Village in Star Wars - I've loved the Ewoks since I visit saw the Star Wars movies as a kid, and have wanted to go hang out with them in their village in the trees ever since. 
    4. Neverland - I seriously would love to visit it just once, just because it's Neverland. This place fascinated me as a kid.
    5. The London Institute - I'm fairly certain we don't need to explain why... WILL / JEM. 
    6. The Library in Beauty and the Beast - Let's be honest, who wouldn't want a library like that? I'm not sure I'd leave that place.
    Really any setting any of my favorite authors have created, would be a place I'd love to visit. From real settings to historical ones, creative ones, and imaginative ones that spring to life within my favorite fantasy novels. From woodlands, to castles and various kingdoms, ships at sea, mountains, fae realms, to middle eastern deserts, the streets of London and Paris, and the wild West, and so much more. I have far more settings I would love to visit in person, than what is just listed here. From the Grishaverse, to the Shadowhunter Institutes, to Mytica, Sitia, the fae realms, and so many other places. I love falling in love with the settings of books I'm reading as much as the characters I'm reading about. 

    What settings would love to visit? 

    6 comments:

    1. I would love to visit Scotland and Ireland. They are soooo pretty!! I bet it would be so calming and serene. Great list <3

      My Top 10 Bookish places to Visit

      ReplyDelete
    2. Ahhh I am kicking myself for not remembering Neverlanad! Awesome list! Happy reading.

      My Top Ten Tuesday

      ReplyDelete
    3. OOoh nice!! Totally didn't think about THE LIBRARY! I mean how could I forget that?! I feel so ashamed! lol! great list!!

      Here's my Tuesday Post

      Have a GREAT day!

      Old Follower :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great list. I’m still waiting for my Hogwarts letter . . .

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Some great choices on your list!
      My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/top-ten-tuesday-136/

      ReplyDelete
    6. All of these settings sounds so so wonderful. Sigh. Would love to visit all of these places too :D Gorgeous list Katie. <3 I very much agree with Hogwarts, haha :D

      ReplyDelete

    Labels