Mundie Moms

Sunday, September 19, 2010

City of Fallen Angels - September Excerpt, Part 1

Artwork is by bhanesidhe


Cassie tweeted a delicious City of Fallen Angels excerpt with one of our favorite characters, Magnus, in it. Here's her tweet:

COFA September cookie part one. For those who have read CA. For those who haven't it will not be spoilery so much as inexplicable. Magnus-centric (tomorrow's will be Simon-related due to multiple requests.)

And here's the excerpt:
"Camille,” Magnus said. “It’s been a long time, hasn’t it?”
She smiled. Her skin looked whiter than he recalled, and dark spidery veins were beginning to show beneath its surface. Her hair was still the color of spun silver and her eyes were still green as a cat’s. She was still beautiful. Looking at her, he was in London again. He saw the gaslight and smelled the smoke and dirt and horses, the metallic tang of fog, the flowers in Kew Gardens. He saw a boy with black hair and blue eyes like Alec’s, heard violin music like the sound of silver water. He saw a girl with long brown hair and a serious face. In a world where everything went away from him eventually, she was one of the few remaining constants.
And then there was Camille.
“I’ve missed you, Magnus,” she said.

If you've missed any of the City of Fallen Angels excerpts, Cassie has posted them in sequence on her blog.

We can hardly wait for tomorrow's excerpt, can you??

16 comments:

  1. Eeeee! I love Magnus, these teasers are driving me mad! I can't wait for tomorrows. Hopefully it will make school slightly more bearable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the alluding to CA! Lol! I actually really liked Camille!and of course I. LOVE Magnus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Magnus, how I adore you! I LOVE that Camille is in this cookie. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. booknerd10 - Aren't they making you want the book?? Eeeek, I know 2011 will be here soon.

    Ky - I love their relationship -- Camille's and Magnus'. I can't even imagine what it would be like to live that long and then run into someone who knew you a century earlier? So cool. So creepy. It's just incredible to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMs (KatieB) - It's very cool to have Camille and Magnus together. Love it. Now I'm going to go listen to the last two chapters of CA...my "re-read"...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Now that I have a copy of the ab, I'm so listening to them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will lovelovelove the audiobook. I chat it up whenever I can. People, I'm sure are exhausted with me talking about it. But it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH My God!!! I can't wait to see the conflicts between Magnus and Camille and Alec!! CAN NOT WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Caitlin - I can hardly wait to see Alec and Magnus together again. And yes, if Alec could only ask Camille a few questions - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!! Oh Magnus still the same!! I love him in CA!! I am still reading it, and trying to stay away from the spoilers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy Bess - He is ever the same Magnus. He really is. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!! This is amazing and sad and GAH!

    He saw a girl with long brown hair and a serious face. In a world where everything went away from him eventually, she was one of the few remaining constants.

    Does this mean that Tessa's the only one who's still alive during the Mortal Instruments?! No Will, no Jem? D:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maidenveil - I know--MAGNUS!!!!!!!!!!!

    Amy - I would think that Will and Jem, being mortals (as far as we know in CA anyway) would have passed away long ago. Will would be Jace's what...great-great-grandfather.

    Yllektra(force-oblique) - We're literally counting down the days. *glances at above ticker*

    ReplyDelete
  14. is it going to be trouble between Alec and Magnus now that Camille is back??? please NO!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Labels