Mundie Moms

Friday, January 28, 2011

Alex Pettyfer & The Casting of Jace- Truth vs Rumors

Recently we've received emails/comments as to why we've not posted that Alex Pettyfer has been cast as Jace. Our answer is, because he has NOT been cast. There's been a lot of rumors lately circulating on whether or not he's been cast. We wanted to separate the truth from the rumors:

* Cassie has NO say on who is cast for The Mortal Instruments Movie
* Yes, Alex has been offered the role to play Jace in the movie, and he's met with the director and has even read the series and likes it.
* Yes, he said he thinks Lily Collins will do great at Clary, and he also said he read the screenplay and thinks it's very faithful to the books.
* NO, the movie will not be canceled if Alex decides he doesn't want the part.

Do we think he'll make a great Jace? Yes, we do, but we also think that those who are making the movie will pick whom they think will do a fantastic job at playing Jace. Here's the great thing about book and movie magic. Just because I picture someone they didn't cast for the movie, doesn't mean they won't do a great job at brining that character to life. I was apart of a large site for another book series turned movie series (Twilight, cough, cough) prior to the movie being made. A lot of people were upset over Rob being cast as Edward, and now look at what a great job he did as Edward, and a lot of people love him for it. That's the magic of acting and movie making. Someone whom we don't picture fitting the role can often times bring that role to life brilliantly.

Am I saying I know whether or not Alex has been cast as Jace? Absolutely not. My point is my love for Cassie's writing and my support and excitement over the movie isn't going to change based on if one person is or isn't going to be cast in the movie (there is NO confirmation on whether Alex will play Jace at this moment). My excitement is for Cassie, as something she created and shared with all of us will soon be brought to life on the big screen.

We're so excited to hear who's been cast and we're anxiously awaiting to hear more. We'll be sure to post the news when we hear it. In the mean time, you'll be able to catch Alex in his upcoming movie, I Am Number Four out next month followed by Beastly! I don't know about you guys, but I'm loving the fact that more books are being made into movies.

7 comments:

  1. AMEN! That 's what I'm claiming since the rumor increase. And what if Alex wouldn't get the role? I also gave the exemple of Robert Pattinson...
    Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! The Rob Pattinson /Kristen Stewart match was all about the chemistry between two actors. I hope Alex & Lily are an on screen match as Jace & Clary! *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Martange!

    Anonymous- I'm looking forward to whom ever they cast. I can't wait to see the movie on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he would make a perfect Jace. No worries. Even if he turns down the role I will still be there on opening night.
    http://jowannareads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! As long as the person they pick to play Jace can do so like the Jace in the books...I'll be happy. But I'm still hopeful it will be Alex!

    By the way, if you log into imdb.com (Internet Movie Database)and type in "Alex Pettyfer" it shows that he's been cast for the Mortal Instruments. Maybe this is adding to all the confusion on why people think he's been given the role.

    j_aimejace

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Jowanna!

    Maggie- Yes, that is part of the reason why there is so much confusion. Cassie commented earlier this week that people can go in and add/change things to the imdb accounts, and that it's not confirmed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you but i never liked twilight from the start though i LOVE MI nd i dnt want the movie to be a bad impression of the books even if AP is nt jace id still luv the movie cuz jace isnt the only star in mi theres alec, izzy, magnus n simon so it wnt reelly matter, the actors just got to know there characters nd itll be a great movie AND i cnt wait to see all the effects i know there gonna be amazing especcially when J&C fly over NYC with the vamp motorbike

    ReplyDelete

Labels