Mundie Moms

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Book Review: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick


Published by: Simon & Schuster
Released on: October 4th, 2011
Source: Bought
4 stars: I Really Enjoyed It

The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever. -quoted from Goodreads

Picking up right where Crescendo leaves off, Silence begins in heartbreaking way as Nora is found months after her kidnapping with no memory of what's happened during that time period and before that. If trying to piece the last few months together was hard enough, her mother is dating Nora and Patch's enemy, and her arch enemies father, her best friend is keeping something from her, her mother isn't totally honest with her, Scott is back and wants to help her and a mystery guy named Jev keeps popping up when Nora least excepts it.

There were times I felt that the beginning of story was a little repetitive, which given what happened to Nora made sense. I thought Becca did a great job at working Nora's memory less with recounting certain events that happened in Crescendo into Silence's storyline. What I got a little bit frustrated at with the story is Nora's inability to piece things together quicker. She's a character whom I thought was always on the ball, and I didn't find it believable that it took her so long to put things together, especially when a few things like her connection to Patch were so obvious both to her and me as a reader. Once things do come back to her, the story really took off for me and I found myself having a hard time putting the book down.

Oh Patch... sigh. I liked that Becca not only had Nora falling in love with Patch all over again, but she allowed me to do the same thing. He did some things in Crescendo that really ticked me off, and now that I understand why he did them and knowing what he's now gone through made it much easier for me to forgive him. Plus who doesn't enjoy some fabulous Patch moments where he's waring with himself to just give into Nora and tell her everything, vs keeping her in the dark. His devotion to Nora is even more fierce than before, and for good reason. The stakes are much higher and there's so much more to lose, not to mention the war between the fallen and archangels is hanging on the horizon. Thank you Becca for delivering some wonderful swoon worthy Patch moments we've come to love.

In true series fashion, Becca continues to treat fans with some great plot twists, danger, action, excitement, and some fabulous swoon worthy scenes. If you're a fan of this series, I highly recommend picking this book up. Given the unexpected ending, I'm really looking forward to the next and final installment to this series. If you get a chance to, pick up and read the fabulous extra in the Silence copies found at Walmart and Sam's Club. I loved getting to read a scene from Patch's point of view. Silence is a great addition to the Hush, Hush series.

6 comments:

  1. Hey there, new blog follower here!

    I actually haven't read either of these books yet, but the more and more I read about them, I think I'm going to have to cave and pick them up. And with an awesome cover and trailer like these, yeah...not even gonna feel guilty!


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori! Thank you for following us! Yes, you must cave and get them. My favorite in the series is still book 1, Hush, Hush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, to some extend I do agree that Nora could've been faster putting all part of the story together... Also I've just a little angry with her for not remembering important issues (like asking Patch to take care of Scott... or about the black feather...)
    But in the end I still like this book more than the second - and, thanks to Patch, almost as much as I like first =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ksana- Nora really frustrated me in this book as well, which is why I only gave it a 4 star rating. Patch made the story for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished reading this last night and it made me wonder how the series was going to end before it was made into a 4 book series.

    I was also annoyed about the feather thing. Why didn't she mention it? Who knows lol. I still liked the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty- I thought the same thing. I'm extremely curious to find out the ending now.

    ReplyDelete

Labels