Mundie Moms

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Clockwork Prince Orders & More

There's been a lot of questions lately about Clockwork Prince, as they're a couple different copies of the book being released. Cassie has all the information posted on her site here, but we also wanted to help clear up some of the confusion.

ALL 1st edition copies of CP released in North America, UK/Ireland, Australia & NZ will include a formatted letter from Will to his family in the back of the book. Cassie said that's ALL 1st Editions, no matter where you buy it from. The 1st editions look like this:


If it does not have "Collector's First Edition" on it, than it's obviously not a first edition. Most likely many if not all the pre-orders will be for this one. Just make sure what you purchase has the exact over listed above.

The Barnes & Noble USA edition will have this + more. This edition will include what the 1st edition has PLUS an inscription from Will to Tessa in a copy of Tale of Two Cities. Once these sell out, they're gone. This is ONLY offered through Barns & Noble. Here's what it's cover looks like:



You can pre-order that HERE

Walmart will also be carrying their own special edition which will have Jem's story called Burning Bright. You can pre-order it HERE. *As far as I can tell, this is their edition, you may want to call them before placing your order, but that's all I could find on their site.

Please be sure to visit Cassie's site to find more. She mentions what will be included in the books in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the UK.

SIGNED COPIES:

Books of Wonder in NYC is taking pre-orders for CP. These copies will be sent out the day of publication!! Be sure to call them at 212-989-3270 or email them at customerservice@booksofwonder.com

Cassie has also said that ALL the SPECIAL CONTENT WILL BE POSTED ONLINE after an exclusivity period of between 3-6 months.




We are SO EXCITED to announce that Cassie's Clockwork Angel WON 1st place in the YALSA's Teen Top Choice AWARDS! Here's a list of the top ten and we agree, these books are all worthy of this place!

  1. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (Simon & Schuster)
  2. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (Scholastic)
  3. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick (Simon & Schuster)
  4. I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore (HarperCollins)
  5. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (Harlequin)
  6. Matched by Ally Condie (Penguin)
  7. Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel by James Patterson (Little, Brown & Company)
  8. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (HarperCollins)
  9. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (HarperCollins)
  10. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer (Penguin)

CONGRATULATIONS Cassie! Be sure to go here to watch Cassie's fun acceptance speech.

8 comments:

  1. I really don't think it's fair that different copies have different extras. How do I know which edition I want? I'm certainly not going to buy all of them. This is something that seems to be a growing trend and also authors, CC included, have started releasing extras on their websites/blogs etc. It's really quite unfair on the people who don't know about these things, why can't everything from that book just be released all together in the same format for a single price?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jem story?!?! I'll be buying two now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Ms. Clare! Well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Cassie for winning 1st place, that fantastic! I love that the first edition will be special beyond just being the first too, awesome. I forgot to tell you ladies, I love the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Francesca- That's why Cassie announced she's going to post all the extra content on her site a couple months after CP is released. Authors have absolutely no say in the special editions. That's something the publishers do. I do understand your frustration. While we've already pre-ordered the B&N edition, we're also contemplating ordering the others. It's hard to want to wait to read the extra's that are in each book. It's also difficult to spend so much money on purchasing three copies of the same book.

    Sophie- I know!! I can't wait to read it.

    Heather- I agree!!! It's such a great idea!
    Thank you! I've not made the formal announcement that we have a new header just yet. I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this info! I have to save money now to buy two copies! I want to read Jem's story! ><

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeek!!! I had already pre-ordered the B&N copy, but I can't resist passing up the signed one as well. I never know when she'll be close enough for me to meet in person again! Thanks for posting =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess- You're welcome!

    Mallary- I hear ya! I'm totally ordering the signed one too.

    ReplyDelete

Labels