Mundie Moms

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Twitter Tuesday - Ally Carter


I love this time of year because we get such delicious prezzies from our favorite authors. And one book that we, here at Mundie Moms, are highly anticipating is Ally Carter's fifth Gallagher Girl's book, Out of Sight, Out of Time. Here's a quote from it:
There are fourteen routes a person can take from the library to the suite where I’ve lived since my first day of seventh grade. I knew which one was fastest, which was busiest, which one had the most awesome views and the route that was most likely to make a girl freeze to death in winter.

But that night I didn’t settle for any of those. No, that night I went straight for the part of the mansion that no one but the teachers ever used. The halls were long and narrow and empty, nothing but faculty living quarters and the occasional bookcase to mark the way.

It was easy to feel like I was the only person in the mansion (which was totally what I was going for) right up until the point when I heard a voice say, “Cammie?”

Zach was there. Zach was there wearing nothing but a towel, but the being there part was far more concerning than the towel part to tell you the truth (the towel part brought up a whole different set of issues.) Because something in the way he was looking at me told me that I had completely and totally failed in my attempt to hide.

I didn’t know which was more frustrating, his penchant for showing up at utterly embarrassing portions of my life or the looks he gave me when he did-- like he knew more, saw more, understood better than anyone else on earth and right then I kind of hated him for it.
I can't even begin to tell you how fast I'll be at my local bookstore on March 13th, because I must know what happens next. Zach and Cammie are definitely on my Top Ten Couples list.

13 comments:

  1. I really want to finally start this series, last week I purchased book one and two, I didn't know there are five!:O
    Anyways, awesome teaser, can't wait to start reading this series. Everyone has something good to say about it(:

    Lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great series. I haven't read any of them, but they sound like good books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - Truly one of my favorite series ever. You meet Zach in book 2. And book 4 is my favorite. Enjoy the series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must sit down and read this series this week! What an awesome teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy - Don't wait, pick it up now. And remember book 1 is more of a set-up book. Such a fun series. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AH! One of my absolute favorite series for sure! Read this excerpt the other day on Ally's blog. So much love for Ally Carter! :)

    -Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! I must know more too! And I have to start at the beginning also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meredith - I am completely in love with the series.

    Bella Bunnell - I hope you enjoy the series. It's worth picking up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this series yet, though I did really enjoy her other books. Loved the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SJune - You must pick them up. Especially if you enjoyed Heist Society. They're incredibly good -- the plots, the characters, the world-building. It's all so well written.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just got caught up, what a great little series...looking forward to the next release, especially after that teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Labels