Mundie Moms

Monday, February 27, 2012

City of Lost Souls Prologue & Chapter Titles!


It's already the end of Feb and you know what that means right? We're that much closer to the release of City of Lost Souls!!! Cassie treated fans to the Prologue & Chapter Titles to COLS today! You can read it here and I've posted it below.

City of Lost Souls Chapter Titles

Prologue: Consecrated

Read it here.

Chapter One: The Last Council

In which we meet some new characters

Chapter Two: Thorns

A place shaped like a heart is full of thorns and roses — Yeats

Chapter Three: Bad Angels

Along the wall were the pegs where the residents of the Institute hung their coats when they came inside: one of Jace’s black jackets still dangled from a hook, the sleeves empty and ghostly

Chapter Four: And Immortality

Lead us from the unreal to the real,” she read aloud. “Lead us from darkness to light. Lead us from death to immortality.”

Chapter Five: Valentine’s Son

he knew perfectly well that Sebastian had kissed her

Chapter Six: No Weapon in this World

“Quick! To the weapons room!” (Okay, not really)

Chapter Seven: A Sea-Change

Of his bones are coral made; Those are pearls that were his eyes: Nothing of him that doth fade. But doth suffer a sea-change. Into something rich and strange — The Tempest

Chapter Eight: Fire Tests Gold

Ignus aurum probat

Chapter Nine: The Iron Sisters

What it says

Chapter Ten: The Wild Hunt

Gabriel’s Hounds

Chapter Eleven: Ascribe All Sin

“I don’t think I can do it,” Alec said miserably. “I’m sorry.”

Chapter Twelve: The Stuff of Heaven

The stuff of heaven in this case is the substance the demon towers are made out of, sometimes called adamant

Chapter Thirteen: The Bone Chandelier

Modeled on this.

Chapter Fourteen: As Ashes

in the dimness, he looked very like the boy she had known in Idris before the Circle had been formed

Chapter Fifteen: Last of the Morgensterns

You and I, we are the last. The last of the Morgensterns.

Chapter Sixteen: Brothers and Sisters

He’d been pacing his apartment for the last hour, sometimes taking his phone out to see if Maia had texted

Chapter Seventeen: Valediction

Our two souls therefore, which are one

Chapter Eighteen: Title Too Spoilery

Chapter Nineteen; Love and Blood

“You did,” he said. “You slept with him.”

Chapter Twenty: A Door into the Dark

All I know is a door into the dark. (Seamus Heaney)

Chapter Twenty-One Raising Hell

If I cannot otherwise reach Heaven, I will raise Hell.

Epilogue


What do you guys think? I'm loving these chapter titles. I'm a little curious about Chapter 19, Love & Blood.

7 comments:

  1. These are very interesting. I am really curious now. Well, more than before. I have had CoLS pre-ordered for a month already. I am so excited for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual Ms. Clare has just upped my anxiousness! Chapter 19, scarey! My favorite (although also nerve racking) though is Chapter 21 "If I can not otherwise reach Heaven, I will raise Hell!" Uh, Hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting . . . very interesting . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow oh wow now i have a lot of questions lol


    melissa
    http://melissa-justoneopinion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. I don't want to wait any longer:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know! I'm with you guys, May 8th can't get her quick enough.

    ReplyDelete

Labels