Mundie Moms

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig


To Be Released on: March 13th, 2012
Pre-Order from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | IndieBound
Status: Debut

Willa’s secret plan seems all too simple: take from the rich kids at Valley Prep and give to the poor ones.

Yet Willa’s turn as Robin Hood at her ultra-exclusive high school is anything but. Bilking her “friends”—known to everyone as the Glitterati—without them suspecting a thing is far from easy. Learning how to pick pockets and break into lockers is as difficult as she’d thought it’d be. Delivering care packages to the scholarship girls, who are ostracized just for being from the “wrong” side of town, is way more fun than she’d expected.

The complication Willa didn’t expect, though, is Aidan Murphy, Valley Prep’s most notorious (and gorgeous) ace-degenerate. His mere existence is distracting Willa from what matters most to her: evening the social playing field between the haves and have-nots. There’s no time for crushes and flirting with boys, especially conceited and obnoxious trust-funders like Aidan.

But when the cops start investigating the string of thefts at Valley Prep and the Glitterati begin to seek revenge, could Aidan wind up being the person that Willa trusts most?. -quoted from Goodreads

I love a modern tale spin on Robin Hood, and I can't wait to dive into this book. I've patiently held off on reading this ARC until a little bit closer to the release date (which will be this weekend). I want to know if Aidan is able to pull it off and not get caught, plus I want to know more about this romance. Did you have a chance to check out the book trailer that was released yesterday? I've added it here! Be sure to go watch it.

What book are you waiting to get your hands on?

23 comments:

  1. I just got this on Galley. Can't wait to start reading it!=D

    Drop by my WoW?
    http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-want-so-wicked-by-suzanne.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick and I really enjoyed this book and just realized at the end that it's a series! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I didn't realize it was a series. Even better.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm seriously looking forward to reading/reviewing this.

      Delete
  4. A modern day Robin Hood does sound so cool. I love theif books in general too. This one looks and sounds especially cute! Great Pick1
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do too. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in this story.

      Delete
  5. This one looks so cute! I have it in my tbr pile and I can't wait to start it. The trailer is really adorable, too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like the idea of a modern day Robin Hood, but I wonder if that set-up is going to seem strange in a high school setting. In any case, I'll have to read it to find out! Nice pick.

    If you’d like, you can check out my WoW pick here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking that since it's in a private school or prep school it will work. I'm looking forward to finding out.

      Delete
  7. This sounds like a fun book. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to reading this!! I like the idea for the book!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I'm so excited about this one and Scarlet, another Robin Hood book.

      Delete
  9. I'm reading it now and it's really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, now you've got me wanting to put my other book aside and read this one now.

      Delete
  10. I read this awhile back. I thought it was very cute. I'm so glad it's a series!

    My WWW/WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, now I'm going to have to start this one tonight.

      Delete
  11. Great pick! Thanks for sharing. Here is my WoW: http://wordsfeelingssilence.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-raven-boys-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds so good! I love retellings, and I love Robin Hood. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait for your review.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Labels