Mundie Moms

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Underworld by Meg Cabot

By: Meg Cabot
Published by: Point
To Be Released on: May 28th, 2012
Purchase from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead.

Not this time.

But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey.

Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they’ve come back as Furies, intent on vengeance…on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.

But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there…and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies.

And unless Pierce is careful, this time there’ll be no escape -
quoted from Goodreads


I love this cover, and I'm really looking forward to reading this sequel to Abandon. I really enjoyed Abandon and I can't wait to find out what's in store for Pierce this time around. What book are you waiting to be released?

11 comments:

  1. I haven't read Abandon yet but I totally agree with you on the cover of this book. It's pretty great. Great WOW and I hope you'll drop by and check out mine.

    http://notyourmothersbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/wow-february-22-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Abandon and this is totally on my wish list, too! And the cover is gorgeous!

    Here is my WoW post: http://tinyurl.com/7qevn9e
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter has been anxiously awaiting this one. This year, I cannot wait for CoLS (of course) and Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness *squee* :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about Abandon and this cover, like the first, it beautiful.

    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm waiting for this one too :D Even though I have not read book one yet (A) But I do have it, and it does sound awesome :D Great pick ;) <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I can't wait for this one too! Here is mine: http://wordsfeelingssilence.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-grace-mercy-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't read any of Cabot's newer (read: paranormal) releases. Love the cover art for this one! Nice pick.

    If you’d like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abandon is sitting in my huge TBR pile, but I plan to get to it soon.

    Like everyone else, I love this cover, totally gorgeous!

    I can't wait for Black Heart by Holly Black and Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues by Diana Rowland to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read the first book yet but I do love this cover, although that could be because I love the blue coloring.

    I hope you enjoy this WOW book once it releases!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the excitement over this book!! For those who haven't picked up Abandon I highly recommend it. It's really good.

    ReplyDelete

Labels