Mundie Moms

Sunday, April 15, 2012

In My Mailbox #119 & Weekly Feature

Happy Sunday! I hope you've all had a great week. I for one am glad this week is behind me, as the horrid flu bug has finally left my house *does the happy dance*. Yesterday I was able to attend Teen Book Con in Houston, which was AWESOME! There were so many fabulous authors there. I'll post more about that this week. Here's some bookish events I'll be attending this week! If you're in the Austin area I hope to see you there!

Here are the books that I received/purchased this week. 


For Review:



Purchased: I purchased a few books from the Teen Book Con in Houston yesterday and two MG books from the Scholastic book fair I co-chaired this past week. I've already read and reviewed all the YA titles, but I didn't have them in published book form, so I had to pick them up. ;)

  • Black Heart by Holly Black, signed
  • Black Heart by Holly Black, signed, bought as a gift for Sophie
  • Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann, signed
  • Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood, signed
  • Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys, signed
  • A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink, signed
  • Sleuth or Dare, Partners in Crime by Kim Harrington, to be released on 5/1/12
  • The Lost Children by Carolyn Cohagan

Thank you to: Penguin, Sourcebooks, Scholastic and Elana Johnson for this week's wonderful reads. What goodies arrived in your mailbox this week? 

*********

This week in review

Cassie's latest news:
Reviews:

Team Abnegation News:
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my IMM this week. I hope you have a great week! I look forward to seeing some of you at tomorrow night's This Is Teen live tour and TLA in Houston later in the week. 

28 comments:

  1. Great haul!! I cannot wait to read the Kill Me Softly and Born Wicked!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-40.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you'll enjoy Kill Me Softly. Born Wicked is fabulous!

      Delete
  2. Yayyyy I got Black Dawn and Silence as well!!! I'm excited to read them both :) Great haul this week ladies!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get jealous when I come here - so many great books! And so many signed ones this time O.O
    Hope you're going to enjoy them all!

    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nickey!! Come out to TX and attend our local author events ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh, nice haul, Katie! Hope you have SO MUCH FUN reading these. :) I need to read Surrender! Thanks for reminding me to be on the lookout for it.. ya know, in June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Magan! You were missed at the teen book con. I hope all went well in Houston. :)

      Delete
  5. AWESOME selection! That's a TON of signed books you got :) I hope you have a blast reading all these great books. Hope you'll drop by and see what I got in my mailbox this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, lots of great books! Can't wait to see your review for The Vicious Deep! really excited about that book. :)

    my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to sharing my review for it. :)

      Delete
  7. Great haul! Dying to read The Temptation of Angels. Silence, Born Wicked, and Cryer's Cross also all sound intriguing. Happy reading!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are all great reads! I highly recommend them!!

      Delete
  8. Wow! As always an amazing haul this week! I also got Born Wicked. And I am very interested in A Temptation of Angels after having read en excerpt. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Born Wicked is fabulous and A Temptation of Angels is a read I'd also recommend picking up. Esp. if you love Michelle's writing.

      Delete
  9. I bought the audio version of Black Heart with my Audible credit. I've been saving it for this very reason. I think Jesse Eisenberg does a fantastic job narrating the part of Cassel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that BH is an awesome audiobook! I need to go find it as well and start listening to it.

      Delete
  10. I'm excited for The Vicious Deep. Can't wait to see what you think about it :]
    I adored Born Wicked so I'm pretty jealous of your signed copy :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited to finally meet Jessica. I missed her the first time she came to Austin. I'll have my review for TVD up soon :)

      Delete
  11. *jumps up and down* I absolutely LOVED A Temptation of Angels! I freaking bow down to Michelle Zink! I know you got to meet her this weekend and I'm just so jealous. lol! I hope you enjoy A Temptation of Angels, if you haven't already read it! I'm super excited to read The Vicious Deep!! I still need to read Holly Black's books! I've heard such great things!!

    Ahh, I love you mailbox. I hope you enjoy all those super fantabulous books! :)

    Jessirae @ Words, pages and books
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Michelle and it was so awesome to finally meet her!! I LOVE her books. Yes I've read ATOfA and LOVED it!!! So happy to hear you did as well. I can't wait to read her next book. YES, you have got to read Holly's books. The Curseworker series is AWESOME!!

      Delete
  12. Thanks guys! I'm running out the door, but when I get back I'll reply to each of you and check out your IMMs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh, awesome mailbox sweetie :D So jealous about The Vicious Deep. Can't wait for it to come out :) Also jealous about the signed Black Heart! :D Hope you enjoy it all. <3
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carina!! Your IMM this week is drool worthy! I love all the fabulous titles you received.

      Delete
  14. Born Wicked is sitting on my to be read shelf! I'm looking forward to reading it. Thanks for stopping by My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I highly recommend reading it. It's sooo good.

      Delete

Labels