Mundie Moms

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Tokyo Heist by Diana Renn


Published by: Viking/Penguin Teen
To Be Released on: June 14th, 2012
Pre-Order from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble



Sixteen-year-old Violet loves reading manga and wearing scarves made from kimono fabric, so she’s thrilled that her father’s new painting commission means a summer trip to Japan. But what starts as an exotic vacation quickly turns into a dangerous treasure hunt. 

Her father’s newest clients, the Yamada family, are the victims of a high-profile art robbery: van Gogh sketches have been stolen from their home, and, until they can produce the corresponding painting, everyone's lives are in danger -- including Violet's and her father's. 

Violet’s search for the missing van Gogh takes her from the Seattle Art Museum, to the yakuza-infested streets of Tokyo, to a secluded inn in Kyoto. As the mystery thickens, Violet’s not sure whom she can trust. But she knows one thing: she has to solve the mystery -- before it’s too late - quoted from Goodreads

I am really looking forward to this book's release! I have an ARC of it that I'm starting this week, and when it's closer to the release date I'll be posting my review and an author interview. I definitely recommend adding this one to your TBR lists! From all the buzz I've been hearing about it, I think it's one YA fans are really going to enjoy. 

12 comments:

  1. Eeek! I'm waiting on this one toooo! It looks EPIC! Great pick this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so, so good! I had my panties in a twist right from the start! :) WANT!

    Here is my WoW pick: http://tinyurl.com/82z5njb
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! I hear ya! I'm totally sold on the synopsis alone.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a good book. Can't wait to see your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh I'm definitely excited for this one as well!!! I can't wait for it :)) Great pick ladies!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh hadn't heard of this one! Added to wish list -- sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds so COOL. It's like it can't help itself: art, Japan, lives in danger, mystery. What else do you need? Great pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I was sold on those same elements! It's so enticing!

      Delete

Labels