Mundie Moms

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Contemporary Love in 2012

2012 is proving to be the year of contemporaries for me. I've not always been a huge contemp fan, but this year I've already read quite a few that have won me more, and there's quite a few left I want to read. I broke down my list to create a not so long post of contemporaries that both Sophie & I have read and love, ones I still need to finish, and a few that I want to go pick up. 

6 Contemps I've Read this year and Recommend Picking Up: Both Sophie and I have read way more than 7 contemps this year, but this the short list of ones I'd recommend. Since I couldn't choose just 6, I added one more to the list.


  1. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Site by Jennifer E Smith
  2. The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen
  3. Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
  4. In Honor by Jessi Kirby
  5. Ditched: A Love Story by Robin Mellom
  6. Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
  7. Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti

6 Contemps Sitting on my Shelf Waiting for me to Finish Reading: Sadly I've got a stack of awesome contemps (at least I've heard they're awesome) sitting on my shelf waiting for me to finishing reading them. Yes, I sadly started a number of them and for whatever reason stopped reading them or put them aside until I was in more of a contemp mood. Wanderlove I'm almost finished with it and love it! Here's my list of books I need to finish.



  1. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
  2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  3. The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
  4. A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
  5. Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf
  6. The Rivals (Mockingbirds #2) by Daisy Whitney

6 Contemps Waiting for me To Purchase: These are all books that have either been on my TBR list for a quite awhile (like Such a Rush) or are ones I've recently added, because I have heard nothing but awesome things about them like, Something Like Normal. These are books I intend to pick up soon/when they're released.

 



  1. Such A Rush by Jennifer Echols
  2. My Life Next Door by Huntly Fitzpatrick
  3. Something Like Normal by Trish Dollar
  4. Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally
  5. Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill
  6. Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic

What comtemps have you read and loved this year and which ones are you looking forward to picking up? 

19 comments:

  1. Wanderlove is by far my favorite contemporary of the year. It opened my eyes in a way that I didn't know I needed. I love it. My sister is reading it now and I can't wait to talk about it with her.

    The Disenchantments was another of my favorites. It is the book I want to share with all of my friends from high school.

    I love contemporaries and am glad that you are enjoying them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost done with Wanderlove and have totally enjoyed it!! I need to pick up The Disenchantments and get that book read. I've heard it's fabulous as well.

      Delete
  2. Two Indie contemps, that recently made the NYT list, and which I LOVED were Easy by Tammara Webber and Slammed by Colleen Hoover. They were fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you for the recs! I don't recall hearing anything about those two books. I'll add them to my list of books to read.

      Delete
    2. I agree! Loved both those books. They are priced under $5 on kindle or nook.

      Delete
  3. The Fault in our Stars is AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've heard. The funny thing is I purchased it when it first came out, but everyone said it would make me cry, so I've held off on reading it. lol

      Delete
  4. I love contemps! It's too hard to pick a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard making this small list. There's so many fabulous contemps!

      Delete
  5. Easy by Tammara Webber was a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and The Fault in Our Stars. Great reads!

    I have started reading The Catastrophic History of You and Me, but sadly, I also stopped and set it aside due to loads of homework.

    My Life Next Door and Wanderlove are on my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that we've got the same taste in book.There's so many fabulous contemps being released. I don't how I'm going to get them all read this year. lol

      Delete
  7. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
    The Catastrophic History of You and Me
    The Fine Art of Truth or Dare


    long and catchy titles :) I don't know why but it just makes you wanna read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Catastrophic History of You and Me this has sadly been sitting on my shelf for months waiting for me to read it. I think I'll be picking that up on next.

      Delete
  8. I loved wanderlove and statistical Probability of love at first sight were pretty good. Nodding my head in agreement and I need to purchase those other books too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to go broke with all the fabulous releases! lol

      Delete
  9. I've still got to read some of your recommendations--they've been on my TBR list for quite a while!
    I really hope you finish TFIOS soon because that book was AMAZING! So was My Life Next Door, actually, and I hear Such a Rush is super good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is turning out to be the year of contemps for me as well! So far this year I've read and loved Something Like Normal, The Fault in Our Stars, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, Before I Fall, and Flat-Out Love. I also really enjoyed Past Perfect.

    Among the contemporaries on my bookshelf waiting to be read are: My Life Next Door, The Mockingbirds, The Probability of Miracles, Jellicoe Road, Thirteen Reasons Why, Smart Girls Get What They Want, Impulse, and Along for the Ride. Not to mention all the ones on my wishlist that come out later this year! ;) Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Labels