Mundie Moms

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I Read Banned Books!


We here at Mundie Moms are proud members of the I READ BANNED BOOKS team!

Why do you read banned books?

I personally read banned books, because I don't believe in the action of banning books. A book is a book, and if I want to read it no one else has the right to take that away from me, or anyone else. Reading books is a freedom, it's a right, it's a privilege, and no one has the right to rob someone of that. 

Reading = empowerment & book banning = ignorance. 

This past weekends my friends at Girls in the Stacks put together a cool video about reading banned books. Here's what they, a ton of fabulous authors and few other bloggers had to say when asked Why they READ BANNED BOOKS

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I agree, and it is sad that books, and classic books at that, have been banned. Books are supposed to be an outlet for a multitude of things; for kids, I feel it’s to let their imaginations work and their creativity to flow. My kids loved Harry Potter/Narnia/Hunger Games… heck, my wife and I loved them too. Our kids just got done reading another great book called “Dr. Fuddle and the Gold Baton” by Warren L. Woodruff, you can check it out and get it right from the website http://www.drfuddle.com/. I think it's the parents that should be the ones deciding what is appropriate for their children to read or not read. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Labels