Mundie Moms

Sunday, October 21, 2012

TMI Movie News: Fan Q&A with TMI Movie Director Harald Zwart

There were a few exciting things posted this week from both Cassie and director Harald Zwart. This post features yesterday's fan TMI movie Q&A with director Harald Zwart. Harald posted the following (which is condesened here in the post) on his tumblr account. 


When asked about the technical side of the production collaboration he replied:

"Absolutely. I will try and post as much stuff that I can on the creative process of making City of Bones into a movie and give anyone interest a little sense of what directing a film like this is like. :) "

In that same reply he also addressed fans saying:

"I also apologise to everyone that have written me on tumblr and haven’t gotten a reply, I will try to keep answering your questions as much as I can and have time to. Thanks again for your support!"

In regards to the question about him directing THE INFERNAL DEVICES film:

"Don’t know what’s next. Have to focus on this one first."

In reply to his favorite scene to have filmed so far:

"It’s hard to say.  Demonized Dorothea beating up the shadow hunters was a lot of fun."

On the movie’s faithfulness to the book:

"We’ve been working closely with Cassandra. It’s hard to turn a big, great book like that into a movie. We have to make choices."

In response whether THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES will be epic and on Jamie Campbell Bower using his British accent in the film:

"I think it will be epic.  And, yes, Jamie is."

On the release of THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES teaser trailer:

"Not sure. We’re working on it right now.  Very soon."

On what the best part about being the director of THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES:

"The best part is putting it all together. When the pieces are edited and we add music and you finally feel the magic."

On the cast’s relationship:

"Yes, they have a great time."

His favorite characters from the series:

"I get this question a lot. It’s hard to say,  but I have to say I like Dorothea a lot.  And Hodge. Hodge is very complex."

On where or not he'll be directing more MORTAL INSTRUMENTS films and possibly the INFERNAL DEVICES movie (which is still in the early development stages):

"It’s a flattering idea, but I am concentrating on the first one right now."

On what his relationship with the cast is like:

"I have a great time with all of them."

In response to when we’ll get our first look at Godfrey Gao as Magnus:

"I can’t tell you. It’s all in the marketing machine.  You’ll have to wait and see.  He’s great by the way."

In response to when we’ll get a preview of the film:

"Preview is coming soon."

On how filming is going:

"The movie is going great. Just a few weeks left of our filming, and we’re all having a great time."

The scene he’s most excited for fans to see:

"I am excited about all the scenes.  I can’t choose. I’m sorry."

On directing the film:

"I’m having a great time with all the actors.  I love directing this movie."

About the film’s release in Norway:

"There’s a big premiere in Fredrisktad (the city I come from). So if you get up there sometime in August next year, you might see the stars on the red carpet."

The hardest scene to film so far:

"So far I think Hotel DuMort was a pretty hard one. But it turned out great."

On fan support:

"I am having a great time directing this movie. Thanks to all the fans, it’s even more fun."

The craziest thing that’s happened on set:

"So many crazy, good things have happened.  I guess the craziest was some of the stunts. The actors are very good at doing them themselves."

Bringing Cassandra Clare’s world to life on film:

"I am happy to hear you like the cast and design.  We’ve worked closely with Cassandra to make sure we came close to the book."

The books:

"I love the books."

The best part about being involved with the film:

"The best part is every day when I come in the studio and see our wonderful sets."

Getting to see Godfrey Gao as Magnus:

"You will have to wait for the trailers.  Godfrey was great."

Be sure to follow Harald on tumblr. You can read the more in-depth questions that were asked clicking on that link. Thank you to Harald for answering those questions! I'm in awe over any time someone associated with the movie takes the time out of their busy schedule to post about the movie, and answers questions about it. Thank you Harald!

1 comment:

Labels