Mundie Moms

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Book Review: Finale (Hush, Hush saga #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick


Published by: Simon Teen
Released on: October 23rd, 2012
Source: purchased
4.5 stars: I Really Enjoyed It
Series: Hush, Hush Saga #4

Will love conquer all?

Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.

Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilim that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin.

But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.

As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for- quoted from Goodreads


A perfect ending to a fabulous series! I love a good book series, but the one thing I don't like about them is when they have to end. I don't like saying goodbye to characters I've come to love. I'll always have a special place for this series, because Hush, Hush was one of the first books I helped promote on MMs. It was also one of the first angel books I LOVED. How could I not love Patch. When I picked up Finale this past week it was with both excitement and a bit of sadness I sat down to read it. No matter how hard I tried to read this book slowly I couldn't, we know nothing is slow when it comes to Patch and Nora's story. 

Finale gave me what I was hoping it would and then some. It got those swoon worthy moments I excepted have come to love between Patch and Nora, along with conflict, struggles, betrayal, a few action scenes as well as some shocking twists. I admire Becca for not holding back when it came to killing off a character or two. *gasp* I felt like Becca did a wonderful job at bringing everything full circle in this book. The world she created became a little more complex, and I liked getting to see more of the darker side to both sides of the war that's about to take place. The struggles for control were the perfect lead in for some skewed points of views with a few characters, which made for some surprising twists and a shocking betrayal. 

The character conflict, secrets, struggles, and the danger that both Nora and Patch face through out the book added to the uncertainty I had in regards to how things were going to end. These things also added to what I felt Nora was feeling, and made it possible for me to understand some of the choices she makes. Finale for me is a fitting ending for this saga considering everything that happens through out the four books. I'm walking away from this series feeling completely satisfied with how it ends. *sigh* There's a moment towards the end of this book that's just... well, fabulous! I loved getting a glimpse into what the future holds for a few of the characters. If you're a fan of this series, I would recommend picking this book up. 


6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I have read the first book and thoroughly enjoyed it, now I need to conquer the rest of them! :-) I was so tempted to to buy this week... :-) I absolutely loved Patch and I totally agree with you that Becca's structure and writing is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you love Patch and enjoyed Hush, Hush. Patch is fabulous! I really enjoyed this entire series. The first two books, and this one are my favorites. Becca's writing is fabulous! I can't wait for you to pick up the rest of the series!

      Delete
  2. I when to Austin to get this book signed. If it was not for MM I would never picked this book up. I am so glad I did get to read this series. I love these books more then twilight. She is a wonderful author and person. Thankyou MM and Becca I love Patch and Nora.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw!! You're welcome! I'm so glad you got it signed and came to Austin!! Becca is amazing!! I'm sad to see this series end, but man, what a great series to read.

      Delete
  3. I loved this book so much! Check out my review of Finale here: http://abeautyandthebook.blogspot.com/2012/11/review-finale-by-becca-fitzpatrick.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was one of my first series I read after a big break from reading. I still need to read Silence but I enjoy these books a whole lot. Great pick! :)

    Marlene Detierro (Software Download)

    ReplyDelete

Labels