Mundie Moms

Monday, November 26, 2012

The Mortal Instruments Movie Monday #9: 5 Scenes I Hope To See On the Big Screen



Welcome to this week's edition of The Mortal Instruments Movie Monday. Last week I shared my favorites from the trailer here, and this week I'd love to discuss scenes from the book I hope make it to the big screen. 

There are a lot of scenes I really enjoyed in the book, City of Bones. I'm anxious to see what scenes they leave in the movie, what scenes they might combine, and what scenes they give their own interruption of. I feel there's a lot in City of Bones that the studio has to play with, and I know they can't leave every single thing from the book in the movie. I have a lot of faith that over all they'll do a fabulous job at leaving the key moments, and important scenes from the book in movie. Even if they have to change a few scenes around, I know they'll do justice in bringing Cassie's world to life. Here are 5 scenes I hope make it to the big screen.

1) The Cafe Scene: I love that this scene made it into the trailer! I think they nailed these shots perfectly. Jace in the window, Jace's look (that says it all right there), Simon's concern for Clary and Clary's look on her face, and her trying to figure out what the heck is going on. LOVE it! There was something about Jace in this scene that made me immediately love him, and there was something about Clary that made me like her even though. 



 2) The Club Scene: Again, another scene I love that makes it to the trailer. I can't wait to see play out on the big screen. I love that look Jace gives Clary. It seems a little surreal seeing these two scenes come to life on the big screen since I've read them numerous times and have pictured them in my head. Seeing this scene, like the cafe scene come to life is just awesome! 



3) The Green House Scene: I don't think this scene needs any explantation as to why I can't wait to see it on the big screen. Jace.... Clary.... that moment *sigh* and cheese sandwiches. lol

4) Magnus: Who doesn't want to see Magnus on the big screen? I don't care what scenes he's in, I just want to see him on the big screen. I'll take him in 2-D, 3-D whatever. I just want Magnus! I don't care if Magnus in every shot or just a few, though I hope it's a lot more than a few, I just want to see him, oh and Chairmen Meow too. I also can't wait to see how outfits Magnus will be wearing...... Maybe these pictures can hold us over until we get our Magnus teaser.....



5) The City of Bones: Yes I realize I'm leaving a lot of things off my list that I can't wait to see on the big screen, and I might be weird for listing The City of Bones. There's something about the creepiness of The Silent Brothers and of this totally hidden world that has jumped out at me with seeing the trailer, and that's how seriously creepy and dark it really is. I know it's conveyed in the books how dangerous, and scary the Shadowhunter world can be, and though I picked up on that over the many times I've read the books, it wasn't until I finally saw this


did it really hit me. I'm sorry, there's no way in heck I'd go near one of The Silent Brothers, even though I know they're good. Shoot I wouldn't even be entering the City of Bones. Okay, maybe if Jace was there to hold my hand or Magnus was beside I'd do it, but other than that, no way. This one shot alone is creepy enough, I can't wait to see how terrifying they make the rest of the demons look. Bring on the creepiness!

What are some of your favorite book scenes you're hoping to see on the big screen? 

2 comments:

  1. Great list! For me, I really hope in the scene with the huge monster when they are visiting Madame ___(can't remember her name) and the tarot cards, and Simon saves the day by shooting an arrow into the skylight! I really want to see that!

    And, of course, the greenhouse scene (DUH!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! The greehouse scene is a must.

      Yes to the scene you're talking about! That's another great moment that I hope is included in the movie. That's one of Simon's shining moments in CoB.

      Delete

Labels