Mundie Moms

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cassandra Clare answers Fans Burning Questions about Clockwork Princess and More


Cassie spent some time on tumblr yesterday answering fans burning questions about Clockwork Princess, TMI and more. Here's what she posted.


Miss Claaare! I have a question! And I know you can’t answer all of them buuuut…
Do they change THE BIIIIG THING that happens at the end of City of Bones? (Is not saying what THE BIIIIG THING is in case of spoilers). I must know, I am worried sick about that. Thank you~
In every book that is made a movie, some parts are cut out to make the movie shorter. Do you know which scenes will be cut out in the City of Bones movie? Will there be any scenes cut out?
The BIG THING being the bit at the end where Valentine does a sexydance with an umbrella? That is definitely in there.
Eh, the actual answer, if by the big thing you mean the Why Jace and Clary’s Love is Forbidden thing, is that as far as I know it’s in there. It was shot. But there is no way for me to know what is going to make it into the final cut of the movie.
Movies are made not just in the shooting of scenes but also in post-production, when the scenes are edited. Whole plotlines can be created or removed by editing. Characters can be deleted completely. Once there’s a rough cut of the movie, and people have seen it, they might even do “reshoots” to create a new ending or introduce a new character or plotline. Here’s an article about reshoots for World War ZThey could be changing the whole plot. 
In other words, until I see a final cut of the movie, I won’t be able to tell you what’s in it and what isn’t. Because not only do I not know, nobody does.

So is there a possibility Tessa will not end up with anybody,cause you’re really freaking me out,I’m terrified to read it cause I think I will be emotionaly traumatized…and if you can’t answer that,does the story of TID moybe continue or progress in TDA? 
Tessa not winding up with anyone is really the worst thing you can imagine happening? I can imagine so much worse… :D
The story of TiD really doesn’t continue on after Clockwork Princess, except in the sense that Emma is a Carstairs. If TDA continues on from anything, it’s City of Heavenly Fire. However do keep an eye out at the end of Clockwork Princess for a hint of something that will appear in TDA.
Does the last word of Clockwork Princess symbolize anything? I was thinking that it meant that she no longer has her Clockwork Angel, but that may just be me looking into a void of nothing and thinking that I see something. 
“Silence?”
Well, it could be a Hamlet reference. (Hamlet’s last words: “The rest is silence.”) 
It could be about the Clockwork Angel.
Will could have decided that “silence” is a valid rhyme for “violence” and be reciting a poem about what he wants to do to ducks.
AND THE REST IS SILENCE, DUCKS.
Does ending to CP2 lead to what MAY happen in CoHF? like does it answer some questions about like Why was Tessa talking to Magnus in TMI ?
It does address why Tessa was talking to Magnus in City of Glass but very obliquely.
I’m pretty committed to making sure that nothing in the Infernal Devices spoils The Mortal Instruments or vice versa. You can start the Shadowhunter world with either series as an intro point. 
I wouldn’t read the epilogue first though, because it will be really confusing. I also wouldn’t look at the family tree till after you’re done. You can if you must, but you will be spoiled in a very weird way. Also I will send an army of angry kittens after you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels