Mundie Moms

Friday, December 21, 2012

Mundie Moms Best of 2012: Middle Grade Reads


Continuing with our Best of 2012 is my list of this year's favorite MG (middle grade) reads. I enjoy reading MG books, as much as I enjoy YA. With middle grade reads, these books remind me of how much fun reading can be. Remember that first time you picked up a book as a young reader and really connected with it? Charlotte's Web and The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe are two books I remember reading as a kid that made me fall in love with reading. Here are my 12 favorite 2012 MG books that made me fall in love with kid books all over again this year:

  1. Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
  2. The Unwanteds: Island of Silence by Lisa McMann
  3. The False Prince by Jennifer A Nielsen
  4. The Humming Room by Ellen Potter
  5. The Heroes Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy
  6. Underwild Wood by Colin Meloy
  7. Winterling by Sarah Prineas
  8. The Book of Wonders  by Jasmine Richards
  9. The Princess Academy: Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale
  10. The End of Infinity by Matt Myklusch
  11. Infinity Ring: A Mutiny in Time by James Dashner
  12. Beyonders: Seeds of Rebellion by Brandon Mull
What were some of your favorite MG books to read this year? I'll be posting more of my favorite kid books next week on Mundie Kids!

10 comments:

  1. I also loved THe False Prince, The Humming Room, and Beyonders! The Garden of Eve by K L Going was also good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you loved these ones too!!! I'm going to have to check out The Garden of Eve!

      Delete
  2. I loved The False Prince, Keeper of the Lost Cities, and Island of Silence. I really want to read Brandon Mull's book. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll enjoy Brandon's new series! Happy Holidays to you too!

      Delete
  3. Great list! I haven't read Winterling yet, but it's definitely on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Winterling is a great read!! I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it.

      Delete
  4. What an awesome list! I have so many of these on my TBR list. I look forward to reading these! The Keeper of Lost Cities is at the top of my list of books to read. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Keeper is fabulous!! ;D Hopefully you'll get a chance to sit down and read these soon. They're all great reads.

      Delete
  5. Ah, I have read some of these. <3 Such great books! Keeper of the Lost Cities was just AMAZING :D I loved it so much. Haven't you read The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls yet? It was even better than Keeper. You must read it. Such an amazing middle grade book :) Anyway! Awesome list :D Thank you for sharing. <3
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No I haven't read The Cavendish Home for Boys & Girls yet. I hear it's great. The copy was sent got lost in the mail, and I haven't picked it up yet. I'll get to it one of these days. I hear it's a must read. ;)

      Delete

Labels