Mundie Moms

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

MAGNUS: Cassie's Thoughts on Magnus's Reveal / Godfrey's Interview with MTV News



Cassie weighed in on Magnus's reveal (I'm still giddy over the fact we FINALLY get to see Godfrey as Magnus). Here's what she said, and 


Well, hello there, MAGNUS.
Magnus, being all high warlock of Brooklyn and stuff.
Things I noticed : Well, I’ve never seen this set before, so I’m not going to assume I know where Magnus is right here, specifically. Things I do notice: warlock cat’s eyes! Badass jewelry! Nail polish and guyliner! Important life lessons to take away from this film: just because a dude is wearing nail polish doesn’t mean he can’t beat the crap out of you. The necklace is a bird’s skull dipped in silver, which is just a neat little touch.
I think the drink in his hand is from the party scene: the drinks were all different colors, so we weren’t allowed to drink them because I think they were like, antifreeze. I spilled some on a ghoul and he was sticky all night. (You can see a bright red drink behind Magnus, with the candles.)
Thanks to Sony and http://instagram.com/mortalmovie for being so awesome and I look forward to what Valentine’s Day brings. Have you been good Shadowhunters? Do you think you deserve an extra present? :D

Yes to everything Cassie said! GODFREY is so MAGNUS in this shot! I love, love, love it! This is even better than the Magnus I pictured in my mind. 

Ooooh, did you pick up on Cassie's comment about an EXTRA PRESENT!?! Wonder what tomorrow will bring. This right here was my Valentine present. ;)

Want more Magnus/Godfrey? Check out his interview with MTV News

Cassie posted the following from MTV, who revealed Magnus in HD:

“Magnus’ extravagant style of dress and makeup was quite the hot topic when I arrived to shoot in Toronto. All the glitter, nail polish, eye-liner and the outfits combined made Magnus the character that everyone loves and envisioned in their minds,” Gao said. “While I never spent more than 30 minutes for hair and makeup, the results for Magnus’ style … let’s just say the hair, makeup and costume team/departments did a fantastic job of styling my character, and I enjoyed every single moment of transforming into Magnus! The warlock outfit with the black cape and hoody was very intriguing as well!”
Those interested in the warlock’s backstory (beyond Clare’s “The Mortal Instruments” and “The Infernal Devices” series) should keep an eye out for a spin-off, e-serialization called “The Bane Chronicles,” which will be released in 10 installments starting April 16.
Check out everything we’ve got on “The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones.”

Magnus is a multi-layered character, to be sure, and it was a role Gao said he relished.
"I love Magnus Bane's character because [he] can live forever and never age a day, and who doesn't want to live forever?" Gao told MTV News. "I also love that Magnus is a flamboyant party animal, and it's fun to be described that way compared to the other characters I've portrayed previously. Magnus is so out there, he's definitely a character I will never forget!"

Magnus' "out there" persona boasts plenty of theatricality in his dress and personal grooming (evidenced by our first look photo). And, surprisingly, Gao said the transformation didn't translate to hours in the makeup chair.
"Magnus' extravagant style of dress and makeup was quite the hot topic when I arrived to shoot in Toronto. All the glitter, nail polish, eye-liner and the outfits combined made Magnus the character that everyone loves and envisioned in their minds," Gao said. "While I never spent more than 30 minutes for hair and makeup, the results for Magnus' style ... let's just say the hair, makeup and costume team/departments did a fantastic job of styling my character, and I enjoyed every single moment of transforming into Magnus! The warlock outfit with the black cape and hoody was very intriguing as well!"

2 comments:

  1. I'm still gushing over the picture even after hours from the first I saw it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally we get to see Magnus! I'm officially jealous of Alec. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Labels