Mundie Moms

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Twitter Tuesday - Bridget Zinn


I've seen Bridget's book in the twitterverse being recommended left and right by some of my favorite authors and it's been on my TBR for some months now. But what I didn't know was that Bridget passed away of cancer in May 2011 at the age of 33. Her publisher, Hyperion Teens and her friends and family, want to celebrate the release of Poison today on her behalf.

I know we can help, Mundie Moms. In fact, I'm going out to the bookstore where I've reserved my copy. Here's how you can help -- ask the library to purchase the book, buy the book, tweet using the hashtag #poison and most of all, read the story.

Here's a portion of what Kirkus Reviews had to say about Poison:

 "Don't let the title or cover fool you! No grimdark teen fantasy or angst-y heroines here; just a frothy confection of a fairy tale featuring poisoners, princesses, perfumers and pigs, none of whom are exactly what they appear (except maybe the pigs)…. Good silly fun—a refreshing antidote to a genre overflowing with grit and gloom."


I, for one, need a little less doom and gloom, so I'm really looking forward to the story.


Synopsis:  Sixteen-year-old Kyra, a highly-skilled potions master, is the only one who knows her kingdom is on the verge of destruction—which means she's the only one who can save it. Faced with no other choice, Kyra decides to do what she does best: poison the kingdom's future ruler, who also happens to be her former best friend.

But, for the first time ever, her poisoned dart…misses.

Now a fugitive instead of a hero, Kyra is caught in a game of hide-and-seek with the king's army and her potioner ex-boyfriend, Hal. At least she's not alone. She's armed with her vital potions, a too-cute pig, and Fred, the charming adventurer she can't stop thinking about. Kyra is determined to get herself a second chance (at murder), but will she be able to find and defeat the princess before Hal and the army find her?

Kyra is not your typical murderer, and she's certainly no damsel-in-distress—she's the lovable and quick-witted hero of this romantic novel that has all the right ingredients to make teen girls swoon.

Whether we're teen girls or Mundie Moms, we can all use a little swooning. Won't' you join me in reading Poison? If you'd like to help spread the word, here's a link to Bridget's website and instructions on how you can help. Poison darts, assassins, and swooning -- I am SO there.

4 comments:

  1. I want to read this too. I spread the word on Facebook and it's great seeing so many people shout out about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your help in getting POISON into new readers' hands. It means the world to me, Bridget's family and friends. As a librarian Bridget always wanted there to be more funny books for teens. She didn't necessarily set out to write something funny, but knowing Bridget even when she tried to write dark there was a hidden layer of kindness underneath that would just make you smile. Thank you again for helping Bridget's legacy have impact. Best, Barrett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barrett - Both Katie and I had this book on out TBR long before we knew of Bridget's passing. Her talent will be greatly missed. I bought POISON on Tuesday and am looking forward to reading it. I've heard nothing, but amazing things about the story. As a mom to three kids, I look forward to having the book on my shelf for many, many years. Good stories should always be passed on.

      Thank you for stopping by MMs.

      Delete

Labels