Mundie Moms

Monday, September 2, 2013

Mundane Monday #191: City of Ashes


Happy Mundane Monday! I hope y'all have a safe and enjoyable Labor Day holiday today.



















"I am not," Alec said, thought his teeth. "Just because you said dragon demons were extinct-"

"I said mostly extinct."

Alec jabbed a finger toward him. ?Mostly extinct," he said, his voice trembling with rage, "is NOT EXTINCT ENOUGH." 

"I see," said Jace. "I'll just have them change the entry in the demonology textbook from 'almost extinct' to 'not extinct enough for Alec. He prefers his monsters really, really extinct.' Will that make you happy?"

"Boys, boys," said Isabelle, who'd been examining her face in the elevator's mirrored wall. "Don't fight." She turned away from the glass with a sunny smile. "All right, so it was a little more action than we were excepting, but I thought it was fun."

Alec looked at her and shook his head. "How do you manage never to get mud on you?"

Isabelle shrugged philosophically. "I'm pure in heart. It repels the dirt." 

- City of Ashes page 2

Artwork SourceArtist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels