Mundie Moms

Monday, September 9, 2013

YALLFest Interview: Cinda Williams Chima

YALLFest will be happening this November in Charleston, SC. It’s one of the biggest gatherings of Young Adult and Middle Grade Author’s in the South. This years Keynote Speakers are Rae Carson and Veronica Roth.

Every week – they are releasing interviews with authors, and today’s interview is with Cinda Williams Chima. Here’s what the author had to say…
What one thing do you need to have when you write? A computer
 Describe your book in 5 words 
Wizards misbehave, magic goes mutant. 
 What is the hardest line to write- the first or the last? 
Usually the lines in between.
 
 
Best writing tip you ever received? 
Give yourself permission to write badly. 
 Tell us 5 random facts about yourself.
1.       I am a twin.
2.       I am named after a character in a novel.
3.       I didn’t really start driving until I was 27.
4.       I am descended from Puritans and scoundrels.
5.       I used to be in a folk music band.
 
 Where's your favorite place to write? 
On a balcony overlooking the ocean. 
 What are you working on now?  
I’m writing The Sorcerer Heir, the fifth book in a trilogy. 
 At what point in the development of an idea do you know that it will become a full-length novel? 
When I’m finished with a full-length novel. 
For more information on YALLFest, visit their website – yallfest.org

1 comment:

  1. Awesome interview. I'm a huge fan of Cinda's. Wish I could go to this.

    ReplyDelete

Labels