Mundie Moms

Friday, January 31, 2014

Run To You (Part Three: Third Charm) by Clara Kensie, Book Review


By: Clara Kensie
Published by: Harlequin Teen
To Be Released on: February 15th, 2014
Series: Run To You (Part Three)
Source: e-arc from publisher to review
Rating: 4.5 Stars - I Really Enjoyed It!
Pre-Order from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Add it to Goodreads

Part Three in the riveting romantic thriller about a family on the run from a deadly past and a first love that will transcend secrets, lies and danger…

Betrayed, heartbroken, and determined to save her family, Tessa Carson refuses to give in to Tristan Walker’s pleas for forgiveness. But her own awakening psychic gift won’t let her rest until she uncovers the truth about her family and her past. And Tristan is the only one who can help her sift through the secrets to find the truth hidden in all the lies…


An addicting romantic thriller, Part Three: Third Charm was a book I couldn't put down. Kensie continues with her great plot twists, and shocking truth. With each new installment the suspense thickens, and betrayals continue to be that much more heartbreaking. Yeah, I did not see that one coming! Part One: First Sight hooked me. Part Two: Run To You, kept me wanting more. Part Three: Third Charm gave it all to me and then some. 

Wow, talk about a shocking turn of events. I still can't get over the truths that Tessa discovers. I was not excepting that, at all. Everything that Tessa has been lead to believe for the past eight years comes crashing down, and now she has to piece together the truths hidden behind all the lies. She finally discovers the truths for herself as her own powers come to light. Tessa has a very hard time coming to terms with everything that's happen around her. Tristan's betrayal, what she's being told about her parents, her own powers coming to light, and trying to wrap her mind around what she's been lead to believe vs what's she been told now. It's during this time that I started to get a little annoyed with her. I understood her emotions, but after her awhile he constant hot and cold emotions were getting a little annoying, especially when it came to Tristan.

Oh Tristan. Given all we learn about him, and everything else (no spoilers) that's happened, and been going on, I didn't think I'd like him as much as I did in part one. He's proved me wrong. He continues to surprise me, and intrigue me. I've moved past the I can't believe he that, to understanding why he did what and why he did what he did. I now understand his motives, and his reasoning behind his decisions. I have to say, he's definitely a great leading male character. His strengths out weigh his flaws. His love for Tessa is definitely his driven force behind all he does. Without saying too much, I have to admit he totally melted my heart when given the chance to leave, he doesn't leave Tessa's side. *sigh* 

I've now become a fan of serial novels, well at least Clara Kensie's one. This series does not disappointment! Her world building is fabulous, her characters are well written, and plot twists keep me coming back for more. Sure some things are predictable, but even then things that happen are still shocking, and add a lot of excitement to the story. I loved how Kensie tied the first three parts of her story together. There's something that Tristan confides in Tessa early one in the series that is again mentioned at the very end of this book, and ooh it's so fabulous. 

Romance, danger, shocking discoveries and intrigue. This series has had it all. I can not wait to read the other parts of this story when they're out this summer. Read my review for Part One, HERE and Part Two, HERE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels