Mundie Moms

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Deception's Princess by Esther Friesner, Waiting on Wednesday #208



Published by: Random House Children
To Be Released on: April 22, 2014
Pre-Order from: Amazon | The Book Depository 
Add it to Goodreads

Some lies lead to true adventure...

Maeve, princess of Connacht, was born with her fists clenched. And it's her spirit and courage that make Maeve her father's favorite daughter. But once he becomes the High King, powerful men begin to circle—it's easy to love the girl who brings her husband a kingdom.

Yet Maeve is more than a prize to be won, and she's determined to win the right to decide her own fate. In the court's deadly game of intrigue, she uses her wits to keep her father's friends and enemies close—but not too close. When she strikes up an unlikely friendship with the son of a visiting druid, Maeve faces a brutal decision between her loyalty to her family and to her own heart.

Award-winning author Esther Friesner has a remarkable gift for combining exciting myth and richly researched history. This fiery heroine's fight for independence in first-century Ireland is truly worthy of a bard's tale. Hand Deception's Princess to fans of Tamora Pierce, Shannon Hale, and Malinda Lo - (Per Goodreads).

Yesterday, while creating the list of April 2014 YA releases, I stumbled upon a book that I hadn't heard of before, Deception's Princess by Esther Friesner. Now that I know about it, I can not wait to read it. First off, look at that cover. I love it. Second, it's set in Ireland! I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for an Irish / Scottish setting. Well probably because I've been itching to visit both countries for years now, and reading books set there is the closest I'm getting to go there. Between the cover and the synopsis, I'm hooked! This is one book I'll be picking up later this month when it's out.

What book are you waiting on?

2 comments:

  1. I saw this recently on goodreads and thought it seemed interesting. Thanks for sharing. Hope you read it soon :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when a cover really captures me! The hair and Princess in the title has me sold. I'm adding this to my to read now! I love Irish/Scottish books too.

    ReplyDelete

Labels