Mundie Moms

Monday, May 5, 2014

City of Lost Souls Read-A-Long: Chapter 4


Hello & welcome to day #4 of our City of Lost Souls Read-A-Long. You can find out more about the read along and find the schedule here. There is no right or wrong way to participate. Your comments can be as long or as short as you'd like them to be. 

Today's discussion is about the Chapter 4: And Immortality
  • WTH Alec!?! This is where I start to lose my patience with Alec. I don't get why he would sneak behind Magnus's back to find answers in how to either change Magnus or change himself to become immortal. What do you make of Alec's choice in meeting with Camille?
  • Maia and Jordan. I have to admit, part of me still doesn't want to like Jordan, but another part of me does. I'm hoping these two can work it out, though I'm glad Maia stood her ground and was honest in telling Jordan want she thought. What are your thoughts on their relationship?
  • It's mentioned in this chapter that maybe Jace doesn't want to be found. Do you think that's the case? Why?
Please DO NOT POST SPOILERS. There's some fans who are joining the read-a-long who are reading Clockwork Prince for the first time. 

2 comments:

  1. I thought that Alec's meeting with Camille was the absolute most idiotic thing. Ever. I so agree. I wanted to slap him silly!
    I can completely understand Maia's resentment over Jordan. I think Jordan's wish to have a normal life is what caused him to screw-up and harm Maia to begin with, and now he's wanting her to take his money and attend Stanford. They aren't normal and will never lead a normal life.
    At this point in the book I don't know what to think about Jace. If he knew that Clary was in the library and he ignored her then he's obviously trying to protect her, so maybe there's some truth to his not wanting to be found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camille almost makes it sound like the messenger was supposed to contact Magnus and Alec intercepted the message, but I know she really wants to mess with Alec, possibly to get back as Magnus?
    The Jordan Mia thing is just opposite ends of the candle. Jordan has always had his eye on the prize, always looking for Mia. Mia had resolved herself that he was long gone. Jordan has been waiting for this moment and Mia is shellshocked trying to take it all in, catch up and decide what she wants. Not sure I would want to be in her place.
    As for Jace I think they way he is acting, to me, really signifies the bond between him and Sebastian. I agree with Clary that he is not truely Jace but a hybrid.I think his beliefs are there but sometimes skewed by his bond. So maybe it is him saying he didn't want to be found but its the desire of Sebastian not wanting to be found.

    ReplyDelete

Labels