Mundie Moms

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Ten Middle Grade Books I Can't Believe I Haven't Yet; Top Ten Tuesday #18

This weekly meme is hosted by The Broke & the Bookish

Hello &  welcome to this week's post. Last week's topic was 10 New Series I'm Looking Forward to Reading 2015. This week's topic Ten Books I Can't Believe I Haven't Read Yet. With today's topic, we were given a choice as to how we wanted to list our books, so I'm focusing on Middle Grade book. There are SO many middle grade books I've had sitting on my shelves that I've yet to read. Here are my Ten Books I Can't Believe I Haven't Read Yet, but I will be reading this year.




  1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (book 4). I am so embarrassed that this is even on my list, but maybe by mentioning it I'll finally finish reading it. DO NOT laugh. I swear I started reading this book three or four years ago. Yes, I adore Harry Potter, and I swear one of the few people left in the civilized world who hasn't read the entire HP series. This series came out when I was in college, and I was too busy working full time, and going to school full time to read. Having seen the movie first, ruined my reading the series. So, I will finish this book this year, especially now that my son is starting this series. He can't beat me in reading it. haha
  2. The Unwanteds: Island of Fire and Island of Legends (books 3 & 4) by Lisa McMann. This is a great series, and I loved the first two books. I need to get cracking and read these two books, as the fifth book in the series comes out today!
  3. Keeper of the Lost Cities: Exile and Everblaze (books 2 & 3) by Shannon Messenger. Again, this is another series I have loved, and have both of these books sitting on my shelf. I need to sit down and read them both before the 4th book is released later this year. 
  4. The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place by Maryrose Wood, books 2-4. I loved the first book, and have meant to read the rest of the series, but again, these books are still sitting on my TBR bookcase. 
  5. The School of Good and Evil by Soman Chainani, This is a MG book I've heard so many great thing about, and I've been looking forward to reading it, and yet it sits on my shelf waiting to be read.
  6. Loki's Wolves: The Blackwell Pages by Kelley Armstrong, I should just say ditto to what I wrote above. 
  7. Storybound by Marissa Burt, I purchased this book not long after it was released, because all the early buzz over it was great. Sadly, two years later this book still hasn't been read. 
  8. The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer, people need to stop coming out with great MG series! Okay, not really. Like the previous books, I've bought the books in this series as they've come out, and sadly not one book has been read yet. 
  9. Starry River of the Sky by Grace Lin, I should move this book up the top of my list, as it's been on my shelves since it was released. Sadly I still haven't read. It's on the top of my MG TBR pile. 
  10. The Water Castle by Megan Frazer Blackmore, thankfully I'm only a year behind on reading this book, and I'm looking forward to sitting down and reading it shortly.
The great thing about making a list and publicly sharing it, is that now I'll make sure to read these books. Not that I didn't want to before. Now I'll challenge myself to make the time to read them. 

What are ten books you haven't read yet that you'd like to read? Leave me a comment below, and share your link so I can come check out your post. HAPPY READING!

5 comments:

  1. You haven't read all the Harry Potter book *gasps* LOL :) You must finish them this year before your son catches up with you. :)

    My top ten is PNR books I can't believe I haven't read yet
    http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read The School for Good and Evil, Loki's Wolves and Land of Stories. Goblet of Fire is my favorite HP book, so you should definitely make time to read that. Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do finish the Harry Potter series. The movies are very good, but the books are better. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list and so glad you're featuring middle grade novels. I really want to read a number of these too, including The School for Good and Evil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't finished the Harry Potter series either! LOL! I've kept it secret for YEARS. Finally told one of my friends and she threatened me lol.

    ReplyDelete

Labels