Mundie Moms

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

All Time Favorite Books (from the last 3 years): Top Ten Tuesday #22

This weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This meme from The Broke and Bookish has some really thought provoking topics. Last week we listed Our Top Ten Heroines. This week, we're looking at Our All Time Favorite Books (from the last 3 years). 

With Katie on vacation *waves to Katie over the continents and ocean*, I searched our Top Reads for 2012, 2013 and 2014. So without further ado, we have our All Time Favorite Books (from the last 3 years) by year of release:

All of Cassie's 2012, 2013 and 2014 releases. Seriously, these years gave us Clockwork Princess,  City of Lost Souls, The Shadowhunter's Codex, City of Heavenly Fire, The Magisterium: The Iron Trial and The Bane Chronicles


Katie (quotes taken from Katie's reviews/Top 10 Yearly posts which are linked):

1) Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo  (2012) "I LOVE, love, love this book. The romance was awesome, the characters were great and holy crow what Leigh did with her 'bad guy' was awesome! This is one masterfully told story.:

2) Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (2012) "This is one of my all time favorite dystopians. The romance, the characters, the world building and the writing all came together beautifully in this story. I don't know what else to say other than I LOVED it!"

3) Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (2013) Like I mentioned above, it's obvious that every single year, we could easily include a Cassie story. But, this story held something special in it for Katie -- Will. And Tessa. And Tessa and Will together. I'm very confident I can speak for her on this matter. :)

4) Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi  (2013) "Curse you Tahereh for making me fall for Warner. He's that classic broken bad boy that I can't help but fall for. Unravel Me is AWESOME! READ THIS BOOK! I LOVED IT!"

5) Katie had a tie in 2014: Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes and Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. "I don't even know what to say about these two books, other than they are EPIC!!!"


Sophie:

1) Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter (2012). This is how series should be written. My heart beat faster every time I thought of how Ally has sustained the tension through all five books.

2) The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black (2013). Holly reminded me why I love vampire stories and why there is always room on my shelf for one more vamp tale. Psssst, Gabriel has overtaken Lestat as my Very Favorite Vamp Ever.

3) Just One Day by Gayle Forman (2013). If you enjoy a story about a character who evolves and discovers the person she wants to be -- pick up Just One Day. But heed this warning: this book will linger with you and you'll flip back to re-read about tulip greenhouses, cobblestone streets and kindness in the most unexpected of people. And Willem. You'll want your passport stamped with Paris, if only to spend those 24-hours with him.

4) Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (2014). If you loved Anna's fish-out-of-water story and Lola's be-true-to-your-true-self story, just wait until you read Isla's story. It's a listen-to-your-heart story, and I think, from time to time, we all need a reminder to do just that.

5) Sublime by Christina Lauren (2014). Bittersweet. Impossible love. Who doesn't love to read that?

Phew. This was a hard list to compose because there are so many good stories which were released in the last three years. What were some of your favorites? Do they overlap with ours?

7 comments:

  1. I should have included The Infernal Devices series, but for some reason I lumped it with the entire series which began more than 5 years ago. I still regret leaving it off my list though. I'm happy with what I did list, so I won't change it (plus, that's cheating). I have The Grisha series and the Under the Never Sky series on mine. Great choices!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great list, Michelle! I need to read THESE BROKEN STARS. It keeps appearing on people's favorites lists.

      Delete
  2. Great picks I loves Isla and the happily ever after as well as the Coldest girl in cold town.

    My TTT http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/top-ten-tuesday-4-top-ten-books-i-would.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such good stories, Megan. Loved your list, too. ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES is next on my TBR!

      Delete
  3. Katie- all your picks are on my TBR. Hopefully I wil get to them this year.
    Sophie- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown in another on by TBR,
    Sadly I have yet to read an of these but several of them I want to!
    Hope you have a great fall!
    Here’s My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay, THE TESTING is on your list. It's been on my TBR, and I need to move it up. When you get a chance, pick up COLDTOWN. Such a good story.

      Delete
    2. You have great TBR taste Jay lol. I hope you're able to read some of them soon. I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you do.

      Delete

Labels