Mundie Moms

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books; Top Ten Tuesday #27

This weekly meme is hosted by The Broke & the Bookish

Hello & welcome to this week's Top Ten Tuesday. Today's topic is, Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books. My last posted TTT topic was, Ten Books I've Recently Added To My TBR List.  

I love today's topic. I LOVE book quotes. I always keep a notebook near me when I'm reading, so I can write down quotes. Though there is the rare occasion where I've highlighted a ton of passages in an arc before, because there were so many great quotes in it. Such was the case with my arc of David Leviathan's Two Boys Kissing. Two of his passages from that book are listed below. I have so many favorite quotes, it was hard to pick only ten. So here goes. These are ten inspirational book quotes that I LOVE. 


"Life is a book, and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read."
- Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess

"Books are my friends, my companions. They make me laugh and cry, and find meaning in life."
 - Christopher Paolini, Eragon

"We always underestimated our own participation in magic. That is, we thought of magic as something that existed with or without us. But that's not true. Things are not magical because they've been conjured for us by some outside force. They are magical because we create them, and then deem them so."
- David Levithan, Two Boys Kissing

"...becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be from it, that's the point." 
- Veronica Roth, Divergent

"Sometimes you make choices in life, and sometimes choices make you."
 - Gayle Forman, If I Stay

"Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes it's own magic." 
- Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke & Bone

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remember to turn on the light."
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prison of Alkaban

"Live in the present, remember the past, and fear not the future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now."
- Christopher Paolini, Eldest

"It's one of the secrets of strength: We're so much more likely to find it in the service of others than we are to find it in the service to ourselves."
- David Leviathan, Two Boys Kissing

"You matter!"
- Liza Weimer, Hello?

"We must all make the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"You endure what is unbearable, and you bear it. That is all."
- Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess


I obviously failed at sticking to only ten quotes. What are some of your favorite quotes?

2 comments:

  1. Great quotes! I have two from Clockwork Angel on my list. I forgot about Eragon, it's been a while since I've read it. It was too hard to choose from the HP quotes. You made some excellent choices, though.

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi admin,
    your post "Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books" is very special for us.I think inspiring quotes are very special for everyday life. I have collected many quotes from you, and I will come back soon. It's encourage to work everyday life.So thanks a lot for doing this job

    ReplyDelete

Labels