Mundie Moms

Monday, September 21, 2015

WILD CRUSH by Simone Elkeles / Excerpt #2




WILD CRUSH, the second book in Simone Elkeles's Wild Cards series hits shelves tomorrow! You can check out my review for Wild Cards, book one in the series, here. Today I've got an exclusive excerpt of WILD CRUSH to share with you. First, here's a little bit about the book:

ABOUT THE BOOK


When the only girl you want is the one you can't have... 

Bad boy Vic Salazar breaks all the rules except one: Don't make a move on your best friend's girl. It’s a Guy Code that Vic lives by. It doesn't matter that he's had a crush on her for years. Monika Fox is off limits. 

Monika has a secret of her own and when a tragedy throws her and Vic together, the only boy she trusts is the one she shouldn’t confide in. Vic. 

As Vic struggles to keep his distance, and Monika struggles with her secrets, will their wild connection violate every rule both vowed never to break—about relationships, about friendship, about love?


Pre-order your copy from Amazon | iBooks. Add it to Goodreads 


* Mundie Moms is a family friendly blog, and readers may find that a couple words are edited in the excerpt below, to keep today's post family friendly.


EXCERPT #2 Wild Crush

I tried to challenge Vic, but instead of making him want to be a better man he’s given up.
Suddenly the door to the garage opens. Bernie appears in a tailored suit, and he’s holding a huge bouquet of roses in his hand.
“Did you just come from a funeral?” Isa jokes.
“No,” Bernie says, completely serious. “I came to take you on a date.”
Isa backs up. “I told you I don’t date.” She “narrows her eyes at Alex. “Don’t you dare say a word, Alex.”
Alex holds his hands up. “I’m not sayin’ anything, Isa.”
Bernie hands Isa the flowers. “Go on a date with me.”
“I can’t,” she says.
“Why not?”
“Because…” Isa tosses the flowers in the trash. She starts walking away, but then rushes back to the garbage can and pulls them out. “ - you for doin’ this to me, Bernie.”
“I’m just trying to love you,” he says.
“Yeah, well all the guys I’ve loved die. You want to die?”
“I will eventually,” he says. “I’m not afraid of dying. And I’m not afraid of you. Go out with me.”
“I have work to do.”
“I’ll help you catch up on work.”
“I fired you, a***ole.” Isa’s words are harsh, but the way she’s cradling the huge bouquet, as if it’s her lifeline to happiness, shows her true feelings.
“You can fire me a thousand times, and I’ll still come back,” Bernie says. “You and I can make a great team. Just go out with me tonight. If you want me to leave you alone after tonight, well, I’ll consider it.”
“Do it,” Alex says. “Give the poor gringo a chance.”
Isa glares at him. “I didn’t ask your opinion, Fuentes.”
Alex shrugs.
I’m afraid to give Isa my own advice for fear she’ll yell at me or fire me on the spot. But I do it anyways. “He’s not going to give up,” I tell her. “And those flowers are gorgeous.”
Isa sighs loudly. It takes a long time for her to respond. Finally, she swallows and says in a weak voice. “Fine. Let me change first.”
“Don’t change,” Bernie says, taking her by the hand and stopping her. “I’ll take you just the way you are.”
“You’re a geek,” she says.
“I know. I’ll bet you never went out with a geek before, Isa. Let me give you a hint. Geeks make the best husbands.”
Isa rolls her eyes, then turns to me as Bernie leads her outside. “If you want to come by to talk to Vic tonight, you can. I’ll be back late, I guess.”
I bite my bottom lip nervously as she hands me a key to the shop. “You sure?”
“Hell, if anyone can pull him out of his darkness it’s you.”
“How do you know?”
Isa winks. “I don’t know a lot, but I do know you scare the s*it out of him. And he ain’t afraid of anything.”

ABOUT WILD CARDS


Purchase from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Add it to Goodreads


After getting kicked out of boarding school, bad boy Derek Fitzpatrick has no choice but to live with his ditzy stepmother while his military dad is deployed. Things quickly go from bad to worse when he finds out she plans to move them back to her childhood home in Illinois. Derek’s counting the days before he can be on his own, and the last thing he needs is to get involved with someone else’s family drama.

Ashtyn Parker knows one thing for certain--people you care about leave without a backward glance. A football scholarship would finally give her the chance to leave. So she pours everything into winning a state championship, until her boyfriend and star quarterback betrays them all by joining their rival team. Ashtyn needs a new game plan, but it requires trusting Derek—someone she barely knows, someone born to break the rules. Is she willing to put her heart on the line to try and win it all?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels