Mundie Moms

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Happy Birthday to Mundie Moms Founder, Katie B!!!!

I Saw Her in the Library by theblackapple

It's a certain you-know-whos birthday today, and I'm sneaking in a post before she can complain too much about all the attention that she truly deserves.

I thought this year rather than posting our favorite fictional hotties, I'd give you Top Ten Facts about Katie that you may or may not know.

10) She adores broken boys, fictionally speaking (*insert a mention of Jace and Will here).
Photo credit: Mundie Moms instagram
  9) Her shelfie game is strong (little know fact: she gives away hundreds of books on the blog and to local schools).

Photo credit: Mundie Moms instagram

  8) She is THE best partner in crime EVER (and thief and spy) (little known fact: she may have been a Gallagher Girl).

Photo credit: Mundie Moms instagram

  7) She really does read banned books (and she reads them to her kids, too). 

Photo credit: Mundie Moms instagram

  6)  She is not afraid to strike a Dumplin' pose. Watch out pageant people, she may well enter one!

Katie B is second from the right. Photo credit: Mundie Moms instagram.

  5) Artwork like this makes her very happy -- whimsical and sweet. (little known fact: her sarcasm game is strong, too, don't be fooled by cute woodland animals. A snarky comment is lurking in her somewhere)

Photo credit: Teagan White

  4) She truly, truly believes in this (little known fact: she may check old armoire doors to see if they are gateways to Narnia):

Photo credit: Shadow Mtn Publishing via MMs instagram
3) And in this:
Photo credit: Mundie Moms instagram

  2) She loves her family, the beach and hot tea (sometimes with a homemade scone):

Photo credit: Mundie Moms instagram.
Jace "too many names" by tarajah

  1) She is the fiercest, most loyal friend you will ever have. She has laughed with me until we cried, she has cried with me until we could no longer speak, she has listened and given countless pieces of advice in the seven years we've known each other. I am so very grateful that I can call her my very best friend.

So join Shandra, Emm and myself in wishing Katie B a happy, happy birthday. May this next trip around the sun bring her more bookish adventures, more funny tales to tell and most of all 12 months filled with happy moments.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TO OUR VERY OWN MUNDIE MAMA WHO STARTED IT ALL --KATIE!!!!!

(And no, you cannot remove this post!!! Also, stop looking at hand-wrapping Jace over there!!!)

Much love,
Shandra, Emm and Sophie



5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Katie! You're the best! I so appreciate you kindness, generosity, incredible support for the entire YA community! Hope this year is the best EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Liza!! I really appreciate that!! :)

      Delete
  2. SOPHIE RIGGSBY BARNES (snickers) you are in so much trouble! LOL Thank you so much for this sweet birthday post! I seriously adore you, and am so grateful for you and your friendship BB!!! Also, I'm grateful for Jace. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that you didn't delete our little surprise!!! Love you, girl!!!1 Here's to many, many, many more years of crazyness! And I'm sure Jace is "grateful" (use of his sarcastic air quotes is by his permission), too. ;)

      Delete
  3. This post is so awesome :D I adore Katie. <3 I hope you had the most amazing birthday sweet girl :) You are awesome Sophie. <3

    ReplyDelete

Labels