Mundie Moms

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Happy Winter Solstice = Extra Reading Time!



Happy WINTER SOLSTICE! I love winter! I love the cold, the snow, and the way the mountains and pine trees look with a fresh coat of snow on them. Though I'm now living in the wrong state to enjoy all that, I can still enjoy wrapping up in a warm blanket with a good book, or two. Okay let's be honest, it's always a stack of books.

The beginning of Winter Solstice also brings with it the shortest day of the year. I used to hate this day as a kid. The shortened day meant less time playing outside. As I've gotten older, I've realized how great this day is. Not only is it the beginning the winter, but a shorter day means more reading time!!

Today I'm celebrating the shortest day of the year by enjoying more "reading time". Who's with me on this? There's so many books I didn't get to read this year, and I'm hoping I can get through at least one stack of books with some much needed reading time during the holidays. 

On a different note, I love this quote I shared above and the meaning behind today's Winter Solstice;

"It is from darkness, that Inspiration, Strength and Life eventually emerge. It is in darkness that our inner light is lit.

Let go of what is not needed anymore. Celebrate the power of Faith, that Your Dreams and Affirmations will come into manifestation.

On this day make a conscious effort to increase the amount of Light, Positive Thoughts, and Love in and around you."

Here's to Winter Solstice, positive thoughts, love, light and all the extra reading time today brings with it! 

*Image found via a Google search 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels