Mundie Moms

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Special July COLS Teaser


Cassie treated fans to special COLS teaser yesterday. Okay, more like an awesome scene where Clary kicks some butt! Here's the special July teaser:

Clary vaulted up onto the counter, and flung herself from the top of it as her weapon exploded into brightness. She landed on the demon, knocking it to the ground. One of its eel-like arms snapped at her, and she sliced it off with a whipsawing motion of her blade. Black blood sprayed, burning her bare skin below her wrist cuffs. The demon looked at her with red, frightened eyes.“Stop,” it wheezed. “I could give you whatever you want —”

“I have everything I want,” she said, and drove her seraph blade down.

*Since I just read a creepy misogynistic online discussion about female characters in YA, I’m dedicating this particular teaser to #stronggirlcharacters. Long may they kick butt.

I'm also quoting the rest of the July teasers from Cassie's site which we also posted here:

City of Lost Souls teasers. CP teaser coming later.

1) He reached her and held his hands out; she took them, and let him pull her to her feet. His pale gold eyes searched her face. “I want you with me,” he said. “But I want it to be your choice. Once we go, there’s no coming back.”

2) “I know about parabatai,” said Magnus, an angry, dark undercurrent to his voice. “I’ve known parabatai so close they were almost the same person; do you know what happens, when one of them dies, to the one that’s left —?”

You can read ALL the teasers here on Cassie's site, as well as on our forum.

*Image found here.

3 comments:

  1. Yay cant wait to read this, and also happy that Clary is kicking butt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah. Definitely nice to see Clary in action!

    ~ Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this teaser, the reason being is that she is such a kick but chick that can hold her own!! This book sounds like it will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Labels