Bullying is an every day occurrence in towns all across America, and through out the world. It's happening in homes, in schools, on media outlets like Facebook (Cyberbullying), Tumblr, on blogs etc, and among fandoms, and towards those not in fandoms.
It seems lately that the lines are blurred with "bullying". People claiming they were just "joking" or "doing a prank" or "expressing their opinion" don't always see themselves as bullies. Some people don't understand that when their actions causes someone harm they are a bully. It seems that line between expressing one's opinion and threatening someone, or joking around and causing someone one harm has become blurred. There is a HUGE difference between sharing/expressing your opinion and personally attacking someone. There is a difference between not liking someone or finding their actions unacceptable and expressing that vs personally attacking them.
But you know what, YOU ARE BETTER THAN THEM!
They are not worth losing your life over. YOU have so much to live for. They can not take away your happiness. Fight back by not letting them get to you. Take a stand each day and tell yourself you can do it! You're not alone! If you feel like all hope is lost, TALK TO SOMEONE! Don't wait. Talk to a family member, a friend, anyone. Talk to someone you trust. Call the National Suicide Hotline Number- 1-800-273- TALK (8255). Just talk to someone, and hopefully that someone is a person you trust and know who will take action and get you the help and support you need.
- National Suicide Hotline
- Stop Bullying.gov
- Stomp Out Bullying
- 13 Reasons Why Project
- The Trevor Project
- NCTSN (The National Child Traumatic Stress Network)
- A Thin Line (from Mtv)
- Bullying Prevention Month site
- * Dear Bully: 70 Authors Tell Their Stories
- * Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- * Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- * Vladimir Tod series (8th Grade Bites) by Heather Brewer
- Scholastic's Bullying Prevention Month article
- You can check out the list of other recs from Barnes & Noble here
- see MacMillian's Editor's List of Anti-Bullying Books for Junior high & up HERE
Any hateful comments will be deleted.